Chapter 23

Well here it is the last chapter besides the epilogue. I hope it exceeds your expectations. I want to say thanks again for sticking with me and I hope you have enjoyed this story as much as I have. Now it's on to new and hopefully better things. Without further ado, here's the final chapter.
*********************************************************************************
Song for the chapter: Brett Young- In Case You Didn't Know (start listening when you see the +)

 *********************************************************************************Song for the chapter: Brett Young- In Case You Didn't Know (start listening when you see the +)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk from my car to Austin's front door feels like an eternity. To make things even better, the heavens decided the earth needed to be cleansed and showered me with rain. So here I stand, before his door soaked from head to toe. Could this day get any worse? I grab the door knob to try and open the door only to find it locked. Please tell me this is not happening again. Taking a deep breath, I reach up and ring the doorbell. The best thing to do is give him the file and leave. Don't stick around long enough to find out if she's here. It'll only cause me more pain.

When the door finally opens, I realize I spoke to soon about things getting worse

When the door finally opens, I realize I spoke to soon about things getting worse. There stands Austin shirtless, and wearing a pair of grey joggers that hang just right on his hips. Every single thing about this man in front of me screams sex appeal. Not being able to help myself, my eyes are drawn to his bare torso. Everything from his pecks, to his sculpted abs, on down to the v that disappears under his pants is pure perfection. I find my hands wanting to reach out to touch him, but I stop before I embarrass myself. As I break my gaze from him, I scold myself for getting sucked into him again. Stupid emotions that are going crazy inside of me causing all this to happen. I hear Austin clear his throats and I look up to his face. When our eyes meet I can tell he is a little on the irritated side. I don't have time for this, I think before speaking.

"Here's the file you just had to have tonight." I hold it out in front for me for him to take, but he just stands there looking at me. "Austin!"

"Sorry." He grabs the file from my hand. "Why don't you come in and dry off? You're soaking wet."

"No that's alright. I'll just go home. Thanks though."