Chapter 14 (revised)

The following morning I am jarred awake by the screeching sound of my cell phone. Without even looking at the caller id I grab it from my bedside table to answer it, only to knock my clock off in the process. If this is how my day is going to go I think I'll just stay in bed all day. Whomever is calling me this early better be dying or at least in need of medical attention.

"WHAT?" I say placing the phone up to my ear.

"Well good morning to you too sweetheart."

"Austin why are you calling me so early? You know I'm not a morning person."

"Amelia, I hate to break it to you, but it's no longer morning. It happens to be one o'clock in the afternoon."

"Seriously?!"

"Yes sweetheart." He laughs. "I take it you and Kylie had a good time last night?"

"If you consider me drinking and her lecturing me a good time then it was fan-freakin-tastic." I say rolling over to lie on my back. About this time I here a knock on my door and groan. "Austin hang on someone's at my door."

"Who is it?" He asks.

"How am I suppose to know when I'm just now climbing out of my bed?" I say as I walk to the door.

"Just calm down and answer the door."

"This better be important." I say to the person on the other side of the door, whom keep in mind hasn't quit knocking, as I open it.

"Hey sweetheart." Austin smiles as he stands before me.

"Why didn't you just tell me it was you?" I sigh.

"What fun would that be?" He smirks. "May I come in?"

"If you must." I say moving over for him to pass.

I see him walk into my kitchen and I go to the living area and sink onto the couch grabbing my throw for warmth. Austin comes in a few minutes later with some water and medicine for my head and hands it to me. After I have taken the pills and placed the water on the table, I feel myself being pulled into a warm body and arms wrap around me. I don't think twice about wrapping my arms around his waist, laying my head on his chest, and intertwining my legs with his. This feels like home and I love it. I feel Austin kiss the top my head and tighten his grip on me.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you over the past month. I had a lot on my mind that I've been trying to work through and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. You are the most important person in my life and I just want to get back to the way we were. Do you think that we can?"

"We are still us Austin." I say looking up to him. "Nothing will ever take that away. I knew something was wrong and that you would share it with me when you were ready. You want to tell me what's been going on so that we can work through whatever it is, together?"

"I thought I was ready to tell you last night, but I think it'd be best if I wait." He smiles at me. "When I tell you I want to make sure that it's the right time. Trust me when I tell you it's going to change everything."

"Nothing you say could change things between us Austin. Just know that I am here for you whenever you need me."

"You say that now but trust me when I say it will. I'll tell you soon but for now I want to keep you as close as I can." He says bringing his hand up to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I find myself starring into his eyes unable to look away. I've never noticed just how beautiful they are until now. Austin is looking back at me neither of us daring to move an inch. His eyes go from mine to my lips and linger there for a moment before he moves back to meet my gaze. My heart is pounding in my chest and I have to admit that I have never felt this way around him before. Stupid Kylie for putting those stupid thoughts in my head. I don't have feelings for Austin, I can't. Unable to take the intensity of what's going on, I break eye contact with him and pull away.