Chapter 13 (revised)

Everything over the last month between Tyler and I has been great. I have to admit that the more time I spend with him, the more attached I am becoming. We decided to keep our relationship private, but of course the ladies in the office have noticed that there is something between us. It doesn't help that he takes every opportunity he has to show me some sort of physical contact, whether it be him "accidentally" rubbing against me or a quick hug. Thankfully none of them have done or said anything to me about it.

The day after girls night, I moved out of Austin's place and back into my condo. He wasn't to keen on me leaving but he understood that eventually it had to happen. Austin hasn't been the same since the night we all went out. He barely speaks to me anymore and even at work he just tells me what he needs done and dismisses me. I have asked him numerous time what's wrong but all he says is, "Something I have to get over." or "Nothing you can help with. I'll get over it eventually.". I really hate him acting like this, but I have given him his space hoping it would help with whatever it is he is going through.

After moving back to my place, Joshua came by wanting to talk and that didn't end so well. He tried to bribe me for his signature. He told me that if I gave him a hundred thousand dollars we would sign the divorce paper, and I simply told him to get out. I called my lawyer and he told me that this was just one more thing that would go against him when we go to court. Did I mention  that since he refuses to sign the paper and do mediation, that we have to go to court for this divorce. The sad thing is our court date isn't until the middle of January and its only November. Stupid I know! He's just mad that he isn't getting anything, but he should have thought about that before he went off and stuck is beenie weenie somewhere it didn't belong. I just want this divorce to be over so that I can go on with my life. I am so tired of the crap that Joshua puts me through.

Speaking of it being November, it is two days before Thanksgiving Day and I plan to spend that day with my parents and sister. We are having dinner at my parents place being as it's the biggest house and mom is the best cook. They live in a very nice gated community on the outskirts of the city, in the same house that my sister and I had the privilege of growing up in. Going home has a way of making all the things going on in my life so much better. I've been thinking of asking Tyler if he wants to come with me since he isn't going back home to his parents, I'm just scared he'll think it's to soon. Guess I'll never know unless I ask.

As I pull into the lot to my condo I notice Tyler's car parked beside my spot and a smile immediately comes to my face. I haven't seen him for almost a week due to work, so you can imagine my excitement. Exiting the car I head up to my place and find not only Tyler but Kylie also waiting for me. She just looks at me and shakes her head before walking off to the kitchen. I look over to see Tyler walking towards me before wrapping me in his arms.

"I've missed you love."

"Me too." I say wrapping my arms around him and snuggle into his chest.

"I was hoping we could hang out tonight?"

"I would love to but I already promised Kylie we would go for drinks and dinner. Maybe tomorrow night?" I say hoping he doesn't get upset.

"That's fine." He says sounding disappointed. "I'll go so y'all can get on with it. Call me later."

"Don't be mad, please."

"I'm not mad love. Just frustrated because I feel like we haven't gotten to spend much time together lately." He says a little rougher than normal as he runs his hand through his hair.

"That's not all my fault." I state. "I know you may be frustrated but that doesn't give you the right to take it out on me. I've done nothing to deserve this. Furthermore you should have called and asked if I had plans before just showing up and then getting mad when I already had plans."