Chapter 10 (revised)

Two weeks ago I found out about Tyler and Olivia and everyday since has been a nightmare. It's like everywhere I turn there they are. From gossips magazines and social media to newspapers and television, I can't seem to get away from him and his new lover. Austin keeps trying to talk to me about it but I refuse. Deep down I know if I start to talk about it I will fall apart and I'm tired of crying over this boy. I honestly feel as if Tyler could careless what all of this is doing to me. He did try to reach out to me once through text, but I ignored it knowing he was just going to give me some lame excuse for his actions.

On a little better note Joshua didn't cause a scene when I asked him to leave my house, but he still refuses to sign the divorce papers. He still thinks that he is in title to the money I received from my daddy but what he seems to have forgotten is he signed papers saying that if he was ever unfaithful he got nothing. Joshua seriously thinks that he can fight this and win, getting half of what I have. I never thought he would turn out to be the greedy, selfish man he has become.

I'm laying in bed thinking of all of this, when I hear the alarm go off letting me know it's time to get up for work. Speaking of work, after that stuff happened with Katrina and Joshua, Austin started watching her extra close looking for a reason to fire her. She didn't step out of line until after I kick Joshua out. She came into my office one day flipping out saying all kinds of nasty things and Austin just so happened to walk in. In short, she is no longer working for Harding Industries. I crawl out of bed and walk into the bathroom, only to run into what feels like a brick wall. I look up and see Austin smiling down at me. I guess I should have knocked before I just walked in. I step back and realize he is standing there with only a towel around his waist. Dear God I didn't know he had a body like this under his clothes. His hair is a mess sticking up in every direction from being dried with the towel and he still has water droplets running down his chest. I notice I've been looking longer than I should and feel my face heat up in embarrassment. When I look back to Austin's face he is smirking at me and I know he saw me checking him out. I can't even deny it this time. I walk to the shower trying to ignore the fact that I've been caught looking but know he isn't going to make it easy when I hear him speak.

"Sweetheart you don't have to attack me. If you wanted to touch this all you had to do was ask." He smirks.

"Okay so you caught me starring, big whoop, but with a body like that who wouldn't stare! The big question is, why didn't I known you looked like that under your clothes?" I say this trying to not seem as embarrassed as I am.

"You never asked." He simple states. "I'm going to get dressed now. Take your shower then come down for breakfast."

With that he walks out of the room and I strip down and step into the shower. That was the oddest conversation I think I've ever had with Austin and we've had some strange ones. I could be wrong but something just wasn't quite right with him this morning. I'll have to make a note to find out what bothering him. Once I finish showering, I dress and head down to meet him in the kitchen.

"What's cooking good looking?" I say getting his attention. "I can say that and mean it after what I saw in the bathroom."

"We're having bacon, eggs, and toast." He said not even acknowledging what I said about the bathroom. "I have to go. I'll meet you at the office. You don't need to bring my coffee today, I'll get it on my way there."

"Austin what's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're not acting yourself and I was wondering if you are alright?" I say concerned.

"It's nothing you can help with." He says without looking at me and walking out the door.

Something is definitely up with him. What I can't understand is why he won't talk to me about it. I push all these thoughts to the back of my mind and head to the office. Going into my office I place my purse on the table and grab my notepad, before heading to Austin's office. For some reason I have a feeling that something is going to happen today. As soon as I open the door of his office, I wish I hadn't. I stand there starring not knowing what to do or say in this moment. I finally gather myself and walk straight over to Austin's desk.