Chapter 1 (revised)

Six Months Prior

"Amelia come to my office please." I hear my boss say as I pick up the phone.

"Yes sir. I'll be there in a....." Before I can get all the words out he has already hung up. Something bad must have happened with one of his deals because he never acts this way, unless he's stressed.

I close out of the app on my computer then head to his office. I knock then hear a muffled "come in" before entering. Once inside his office I see he has his head down on his desk and there are papers scattered all over the floor by his desk. Stepping up to the mess I start to pick it up when I hear him call out to me.

"Amelia leave it, I'll get it later."

"Austin are you alright?" I say walking to him and leaning on the edge of his desk.

"I'll be fine. Just found out that the company that I was trying to purchase was sold out from under me to our biggest competitors. Mr. Hastings doesn't realize what kind of man he just sold his company to. Mark Jacobs is going to tear that company apart piece be piece instead of keeping it together like he first said." He says picking his head up to look at me.

"It'll be alright. You'll figure something out, you always do." I say reaching over to rub his shoulder. "Is there anything I can help you do right now?"

"Since you're asking, help me organize this mess I've made?" He says waving his arms in the direction of the papers I was trying to pick up before.

"Wasn't I trying to do that before, then some rude man stopped me?!"I ask and wink at him.

"Yeah yeah, now get to work before that rude man fires you."

"He wouldn't fire me, because he wouldn't know how to function without me around to help him."

"HAHA! I was doing just fine before you became my assistant. Although you do make my life easier and I do tend to have less work now."

We start to pick up the papers of the floor when his door flies open and in walks a man I have never laid eyes on before. Austin stands up and offers me his hand which I accept and stand next to him. The man whom came through the door moment ago is tall with dark brown hair and I have to admit very handsome. As he comes closer I notice he has piercing blue eyes and is built quite nicely. I feel Austin bump me before he clears his throat.

"Quit starring and wipe your chin. You're drooling!" He whispers and laughs.

"Shut up, I wasn't starring!" I whisper back hoping nameless man doesn't hear what we're saying.

"Are y'all done flirting yet or should I come back later?" I hear nameless speak and God is his voice sexy. Wait what? Stop thinking those thing Amelia, you don't even know this mans name.

I look at Austin to see him smirking and slap his arm. What is it about men that makes them think they have to out do each other? Seriously!

"Firstly we weren't flirting, I was merely telling him to shut his trap. Secondly who are you and what gives you the right to just walk in here as you please?"

I hear Austin's bust out laughing beside me and then see the nameless man face turn from the smirk he had to a shocked face before turning to want looks like anger. What is this guy's deal and who does he think he is? Nameless steps towards me, but before he can speak Austin beats him to it.

"Amelia I'd like for to meet Tyler Steele, CFO and part owner of Harding Industries." Austin says smirking down at me. "Tyler I'd like for you to meet Amelia, my assistant ."

"She's a feisty little thing isn't she?!" Tyler says looking at me with an angry look still on his face.

"You know what you can do....." I say looking back at him.