Chapter Eight

"And then she was like what are we? Was it any more obvious?" Tara giggled out, currently telling the story of how Julie asked her about their relationship to Julie's family. They seemed to be interested heavily in the topic.

"That's so sweet, Tara. I bet you make my daughter really happy. And if you don't, we will come for you." Diane joked, hiding back fits of laughter.

"I truly hope so." She glanced next to her at Julie, to already find her staring back at her. All Julie had to do was nod back, smiling like the happiest person on Earth.

"Ma, Pa. I'm going to show Tara my room." She said. 

"Okay, sweetie. Leave the plates, I got you covered." Diane reassured.

"Aw, thank you Mrs. Manual." Tara gushed.

"Diane, is okay, sweetie." Diane responded to Tara's politeness.

By then, Tara was already being pulled by the hand from Julie. She was pulled up the stairs and down the wood hallway. At the end, there was a white door, that was closed, and was being pulled inside.

"This was my homely abode." Julie gestured to the almost empty room, Tara knowing that almost all of her stuff was at the dorm.

There were a few band posters covering the walls, from Green Day, to My Chemical Romance (Yes, I went there). The walls were painted a light blue, like the sky, and the floor was covered in a light brown carpet, pulling the room together. There was a small, twin sized bed in the middle, under a curtain-covered window. The comforter was a plain white, but was still elegant in its own way, just like Julie.

Overall, the almost plain room fit Julie very well.

"It's very nice." Tara said. 

"Yeah, it stills manages to be alright after moving. Haven't been in here in a while, just too many memories." Julie said while walking over and spreading her body across the bed. She patted the spot next to her for Tara to come lay beside her. 

"So, what memories do you share in here." Tara asked, while playing with Julie's soft hair. 

"Too many." Julie recalled, seeming fine. But then, she quietly burst into tears, the sobs overcoming her body.

"Julie, it's alright." She soothed the other girl, not knowing the problem.

"It's just bad things happened here, Tara. I don't know if I can tell you yet." She said through sobs, choking on the words like they were bad things. 

"That's alright, I will never pressure you into anything, Julie." Tara looked into Julie's orbs. Julie's pupils were dilated, making her eyes seem one hundred times bigger, if that was even possible. 

Tara pulled Julie into a quick kiss, holding on to her as if she would slip through her fingers. She wanted to hold her in her arms for the rest of her life, even if Julie had a dark past. Everybody did.

Everyone has a story. Maybe they are all different, but nobody can't not relate or help with the situation. Tara relate to Julie, knowing about the panic attacks, that was one thing they shared. Even if Julie had a different story, Tara could still help her. 

"Thank you for believing in me, Tara." Julie beamed at her girlfriend.

"Anytime, Julie. Don't be afraid to come to me." Tara promised. 

Once the tears stopped flowing, Julie snuggled close to Tara's side, immediately feeling the warmth inside her. She enjoyed Tara's warmness. 

Tara's eyes fluttered open and closed. She was so comfortable, snuggling closer to Julie's fragile body. She finally joined Julie in dreamland. They fell asleep both thinking about each other, and the life they could have. They wanted a happy ending, and they were just that closer to getting there. 

At precisely at  Ten o'clock, Julie's mother came into the room, immediately seeing the two girls sound asleep, bundled up into each other. She smiled at them. She really hoped Tara was the one. With one last glance at the bedroom that placed so many bad memories in Julie's mind, she closed the door behind her and went back to sleep. 

And I swear I'll burn the city down to show you the lights.

an: A little shorter, but an update! This was really cute, but there is something Julie is hiding. Everyone has secrets, but what are Julie's secrets? You'll find out soon! Thank you so much for the views! I appreciate it so much.