Chapter Three

Two weeks later

Tara sat in the black, metal chair outside of the coffee shop down the street from her dorm building. The voices in her head buzzed and taunted her. Looking around, she noticed the Wednesday afternoon was quite grimm, leaving Tara in a more depressed mood.

(AN: Trigger warning. Mild depression. Be safe.)

The voices have returned, ever since, that day. She didn't know what to do anymore. She was a walking machine, tuned to just go to class, eat, and sleep. Sam rarely interacted with her, for some reason. Her depression was in control, telling her what to do. She didn't want to leave bed most days, and its not like Sam cared. Maybe, nobody cared.

It's not like the relationship between Tara and Julie was on-going and secret. Tara didn't bother calling Julie again, she already knew the answers.She was itching to talk to her, walk across the hall to that specific dorm, but she couldn't bring herself to go through with it.

Julie sat in her English Literature class, taking notes as the professor rambled on about Shakespeare and his significance, as if half the class hadn't already known the details. This was one of the only classes she didn't have with Tara. She was very thankful for that. She'd seen Tara all around campus, moping around just as much as Julie. She didn't understand why this was such a heavy impact on the girls. She wanted relief.

The road was covered in cars, going over the normal speed limit, and Julie looking across the street at the cafe. She saw a figure sitting in one of the chairs, looking around at the scenery, as if it was special. She saw the figure as Tara, and decided to turn away, but a voice said different.

You need to go for it Julie.

The voices opinion was right, she should. She just didnt know if she had that much courage.

Julie looked at both sides of the street, waiting for it to empty it a little bit, so that she could cross. It finally cleared up, and Julie walked across the wide street. She carefully went towards the table that Tara was currently sitting at, not giving a care.

She sat across from her, the latter not taking notice in Julie.

"Tara." Julie coughed. Tara looked at Julie, shockingly. She hadn't expected her to be here, even though they were going to the same college.

Tara laughed at herself for that one.

"What could you possibly want, Julie." She said as venom-full as she could, but merely failed.

"Just wanted to clear the air, you pretty much haven't put that much effort into it." She responded to Tara's hateful glare.

"Alright, alright. What do you actually want to talk about." Tara turned towards Julie.

"I want to fix this. I want to start over, possibly. I just want you. I know it was wrong to walk away and ignore you too, but I wasn't the wrong one."

"Julie look." Tara interrupted.

"No, let me fucking finish, Tara. I've admired you from afar lately and you haven't been you. I don't know what's wrong with both of us, but we need to fix it, We both want happiness, somewhere, I know. We can find it with each other. Just please, let us start over." Julie said full of emotions. She wasn't one to give speeches, but Tara was pretty special.

Tara was speechless. She thought the exact same thing, but it was masked with depression. Her mood was more neutral, but she felt a bit better.

"Hi, I'm Tara. What's your name?" Tara asked the other girl, catching her off guard. Julie seemed to catch up.