Chapter Six

"I reserved a table for us, tonight, just to be safe, you know?" Julie said, directing Tara to the front door.

"Yeah, I understand." Tara reassured the latter. Julie continued to smile at her.

"Okay. Let's go in, shall we?" Julie returned. 

The two women made their way to the large, glass doors standing in the dead center of the fancy-ish restaurant. It appealed Tara's interest, knowing that she had never been here before.

"What kind of food do they serve, exactly?" Tara asked Julie.

"Oh, just, you know, Italian." Julie answered the confused girl beside her. Tara gasped.

"Julie! You know I love Italian food!" She gaped.

"Yeah, I remembered. That's why I took you here tonight." Julie smiled widely, and Tara was so overwhelmed with emotions.

"Thank you." Tara said. 

"No problem." Julie responded. 

When the two girls made their way into the large restaurant, they were greeted immediately by a waitress. 

"Hello! Welcome to Lucia's! Are you on a reservation or walk in?" The excited waitress asked, smiling at the two women in front of her.

"Reservation for Julie, please." Julie said.

"Alright, come with me." The waitress, still unknown to name, went from behind the granite counter and gestured for the girls to follow her. She walked through the restaurant, faced with many customers eating and laughing at each other. Julie wanted Tara to have a good time, and Tara was thinking the same thing.

Plates were filled with gorgeous tasting Italian food, fancy drinks were held in glass cups, and nice silverware were being used by the hands of fancy dressed people. It felt unknown to Tara, not knowing how to really act in a "fancy" situation, as she would call it. It surprised Tara how nice it actually was, to feel as though you're an upgraded person for at least one night. And to tope that, she was with a smoking hot girl, and they were on a date.

The waitress finally walked in front of the table they were going to be seated at and gestured for them to sit. Julie walked over to Tara's chair and pulled it out for her. Wasn't she sweet?

"Thank you, Julie." Julie's name was so familiar coming off of her tongue.

Julie nodded and sat across from her, and the waitress placed thick menus in front of the two.

"My name is Catherine and I'll be your server today!" Catherine said enthusiastically. 

"What would you like to drink?" Catherine asked Julie, first.

"Well, we would like a bottle of red wine, Pinot Noir, please." Julie said, hopefully getting an approval from Tara. Tara nodded at the questioned girl across from her.

"Yes, coming right up. Would you like to order now?" She asked.

"Tara, are you ready to order?" Julie asked Tara. She suddenly shook her head, still deciding on what she wanted to eat. There was just so many choices. 

"No, thank you. We're still deciding." Julie politely told our server.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks." Catherine told them. 

"Thanks." Tara and Julie told her at the same time. Catherine left them to be by themselves.

"It seems that we're synced." Julie giggled. 

"That was so cute," Tara blurted. Oops, " I just meant your giggle. I like it when you laugh." She nervously told Julie. Julie blushed a deep crimson red.