Chapter 2

As the weeks past, I couldn't help but notice how nervous I got. ready for the big day, it's been a month so I have to go in and take a blood test so I will officially know if i'm pregnant. I dressed in a pink floral top, with black stretchy pants. Walking in my gym shoes, I walk over to the clinics door, and signed in. I awaited my turn, there where five other women. Some had big baby bums, some had little baby bums and some had none at all, like me. 

 I'm the last one to get called, they prep my arm. I look away as they stuck a needle in my arm. Drawing the blood out, I get a little queasy. When they finished I ran for the bathroom, and threw up. As I slowly walk to the exam room, it doesn't hit me that I could have thrown up, because i'm pregnant. The nurse comes in with the doctor, and they tell me the news.

"Miss Wolfe, your definatly pregnant." They tell me.

I'm in shock, but that wears off. I'm jumping up and down screaming in joy. "I can't believe it, I am pregnant! I have to call the girls!"

"Wait! Miss Wolfe you have to make an appointment so we can do your first ultrasound." 

"Sure, sure. I'll call later and make it."

 They smile as I run out the door and into my car. I jump carefully in and lunged for my phone. I dial the girls number. But not one of them answered, I got a little upset. I drove to Babies-R-Us. Found a close parking spot, and ran to the nursery department. I picked up a crib, changing table and a chest-a-draws set. A Graco Snug-Ride 30 Infant Car Seat - Mirabella. It was black and pink. I picked up a Graco Fast-Action Fold Travel System Travel System Stroller - Faith. I then proceeded to buy some blankets, a breast pump, and bottles.

 I had an employee, follow me dragging my carts. The last stop was toys, I picked up a Winnie-the-pooh-bear Mobil. some teether's, crib toys, and car-seat toys. I walk up to the counter when I spot a Winnie-the-pooh-bear plush. Grabbing it, I walk up to the cashier. She starts ringing everything up, when my phone vibrates. Knowing who it was I ignore it, that is until I was getting pointed looks, so I pick it up.

 "So what was the results!?" Must have done a five way.

"I don't know if you deserve to know guys." I watch the money rack up, not everything is up there and it's already one-thousand dollars.

"Come on please we really want to know!?" They start screeching, and whining.

 I laugh, the happiness just overwhelming me. "It's positive! I'm pregnant!"

 The whole store could hear us laughing. "We're throwing a party, just the five of us to apple bee's. Love you, Bye!"

 I shake my head, smiling big I don't even blink, when I pay two-thousand and fifty cents. I had the lady my gift card, then I pulled out my credit card, and payed one-thousand, five hundred and fifty cents. The employee who helped me out, loaded up my car for me. I kiss his cheek and gave him a five dollar bill. He looks shocked but managed to mumble out. "Thank!"

 I put my car in drive and drove an hour before I finally made it home. The girls ran out off the house giving me a heart attack. They see the stuff and immediately started hauling in the supplies. I put them in the bedroom that had carpet. I had them set the crib set by the window, and the other stuff in the closet. We went to work, building and setting up all of the stuff. The room is painted in orange and yellow with some really cool art designs from my sketch book.

 I put on a shirt that says Baby on board. Snuck a pay-day candy bar in a pair of black jeans. I walk out the bedroom door and was assaulted by my friends. They all had a shirt that said friends with an emotional pregnant woman. I laughed at it, the were the best friends a girl could ask for. 

 We ordered our appetizers, i got the BBQ wings, Libby and Lou shared, a spinach dip. Tiffy and Opal, shared BBQ wings too. We all got strawberry lemonade smoothie's they are so good. We watched as the couple at the bar ordered some beer, all five of us shivered in disgust. We made a pact never to drink a single drop of liquor not even on new years eve.

 As I slurped my smoothie, I check out the room. I see couples ranging from teens to adults, sitting around and talking to one another. Then looked back at the group, all of my friends have sworn off men. They say there's to much heartache for one heart to take. So when I suggested the test tube baby. They supported me one hundred percent, saying we don't need a man to have kids so go ahead. 

 Not one of us has ever done the do. We are actually waiting for that one man, who will be our prince charming. But after kissing to many toads we realized that we may never get that prince. So there waiting to see if the insinamation would work out. If it does there going to think of doing it. 

 We eat our food, when I hear Tiffy's breath catch. I turn to see what caught her attention, it's a brown haired male with hazel eyes. Oh No! A tiger shifter, anything but a tiger. I watch him sniff the air, then he stiffed turning in our direction, he catches site of Tiffy. He smiled and his eyes got all dreamy.

 He looks at the rest of the table and catches me watching him, he seemed a little startled. I told him with my eyes to find me later. I watch as his shoulders slump in defeat, and he walked away. I see Tiffy breath again, but her eyes told me. That she wished he would have come over. We finish up dinner and everyone crashed at my place. 

*******************

Sometime in the middle of the night, a tiger shifts into a man and gazes longingly at a house that held his Mate.