Chapter 1

Five years later

" Okay doctor, fill me up. I want some kids." I joke with the doctor.

"Now Vivian is this what you really want." My doctor asks.

"Yes, so come on." I get a little impatient

  I feel a little weird doing this but the wolf who should be my Mate. Hasn't even shown up, what  am I supposed to do grow so old that I will never get to have kids. That's right I said it. Werewolves are not some immortal beings that live forever, we are mortal and that means we will die some day. I might lose my cherry, but I will still be a maiden. Never knowing a man's touch. 

 The doctor finishes up. Tilts the chair so my feet are in the air, and tells me to wait for ten minutes. I never wanted to do this, it was like a plan B. But I haven't found a man, or my mate. The men still avoid me like when I was sixteen. But this time I actually have four friends, even if they are human. But that way if some man breaks up with her she wont die.

 Humans hearts wont break if the man they are dating breaks it. they move on to the next prospective male. Unless you are the unlucky human to be paired with a wolf for a mate. I know I should be saying the other way around. A human could break a wolves heart. But what about that so called human, what if her wolf breaks up with her or him. How would they feel.

 After moving, I finished up high school, and got a job working at a shelter. After awhile I opened up my own bakery dash restaurant. I've hired my best friends, Libby, a blonde chatter box, with amazing baby blue eyes. Tiffy, she likes me for who I am. She has blonde hair and big brown doe eyes that would melt your heart. Opal, she's the life of the party. She has black hair with blonde high lights, and melted Carmel eyes. Lou, has the most gentlest and loving spirit.. She has Carmel colored hair and amazing hazel eyes.

 The timer dings, signaling that i'm done. But the doctor must not have heard it. Because five minutes later, she runs in saying. "Sorry, I am so sorry. I had another patient that I was working on and i didn't have the time on me. I am so sorry."

"Hey! Doc, calm down no harm done. I'll just go and relax on my bed."

" Okay, don't forget to come in three weeks to see if they took hold."

"I wont, have a nice day. Bye!" I practically run out the door. 

 I sit in my  purple KIA Sportage, and prayed that three weeks from now I would be a mom. I shift into drive and drove over to my bakery dash restaurant. I called it "Viv's Diner." I had it closed for the day, due to going to the clinic. Anyone who is not over forty hates my guts. Besides my friends, and I have no idea why. All I did was move here, not once did I try and steal some boyfriend. Not that they would date me.

 I sit in the parking lot for about thirty minutes. I unlocked the door and went into the kitchen. Where I proceeded to make Mexican wedding cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and Million Dollar fudge. Old family recipes. I put the cookies in the oven and the fudge in the fridge. Then I sat and waited. 

 I day dreamed for awhile, wondering about the sex of the kid and the names I could pick out. I hope I do get pregnant. I would love to have some family. Even if I have to be a single parent. People do it now a days. It's not a crime against nature, my own mother had to raise me on her own when dad died. 

 DING!  Oh goddie! the cookies are done. I put them on the cooling rack, and put the rest of the cookie batter in the oven. I set the timer again. Grabbing the milk out of the fridge, I pour a glass of milk, and ate some of my cookies. The back door opens and my four best friends walk in. 

"Vivian! Save some for us. Look we even brought over some movies." Libby waves them in the air.

 I live the house right next to the shop. It has five bedrooms, one living room, one dinning room that connects to the kitchen, and two extra rooms. I made one into a computer room, and the other one is for when I decide to do my art. I painted my room a calming blue, the living room a peaceful woodland green. I had the dinning room done in a pale yellow. All the rooms but two have bamboo wood floors. The two rooms are a beige color carpet. 

"Okay let me finish up these cookies and I'll be right on over." Opal grabs the keys, from my hand.

 I finish up, and walked over to my house. I walk in, stopped and stared. They had six or seven movies out, and a ton of gifts sitting on the floor. That reminded me, I put the cookies and fudge on the floor with all the gifts. They bring the gifts and I bring the goodies.

 I had eight gifts ranging from small to large. I pick up the smallest and ripped it open. It is so cute a baby Binky with wolves howling. The next one had a five hundred dollar gift card to Babies-R-us. Then there was a bunch of cute little unisex clothes. I had two more to open, I opened one and out popped some sexy maternity clothes. I shake my head, they threw me a baby-shower and we don't even know if i'm pregnant. I saved the biggest for last, sliding the lid off. I come across the cutest little puppies. 

"What breed are they?"

"Shih-Tzu, some of them have dachshund and Chihuahua. Aren't they adorable?" We all grab them.

 Well I guess if the procedure doesn't work. I'll always have some cute furry puppies to play with. I grab one that had some black and brown out it. I smoothed the fur down and thought of some names. We came up with Oso, Blossom, Sweet pea, Tabby, Toffee' and Tigger. 

 Oso, is an assortment of colors, with blue eyes. Blossom, was black, brown and white, mostly white. with melted chocolate brown eyes. Sweet pea, has white and brown fur, with green eyes. Tabby's black and white fur was all fluffed up. She also had brown eyes. Toffee's fur looked just like that Toffee' with sparkling blue eyes. Tigger, has red fur, black highlights that look like strips, and a patch of white under his belly.

 We make popcorn, sat on the couch and watched movies. The puppies are asleep, my girls are passed out cold on the floor. I clean up the mess we made and headed off to La-la land, or well you know bed. I gathered all the puppies on the queen sized bed, we all cuddled, and fell fast asleep.