Chapter Twenty Five

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F I V E

            Lila woke up hearing chains and having the biggest headache since... Well, ever! She pried her eyes open and when she tried to run them, she found that she could barely move them. They were attached to the wall behind her whilst her feet were attached to the floor with chains.

            Looking at her surroundings, she found that she wasn't in the warehouse any more... She was in a smaller room that was like almost like a prison. In front of where Lila was chained up were bars.

            She was looking around the room thinking of why she was here; was Justin playing a prank on her? If he did, then shouldn't he be around here somewhere? And why would he chain her up to the wall?

            “Justin, this is really funny. Let me out now!” Lila shouted out and flinched when her voice echoed off the walls. It didn't help her headache. She heard moaning next to her and turned to the side to find... Justin?

            “Jay? W-What happened?” She asked, confused and scared.

            “You don't remember?” Lila shook her head and regretted it; it felt like her brains were bouncing against her skull. “You don't remember the warehouse? Simon?”

            Lila felt as if a barrier was falling down. She remembered everything. “N-What? That wasn't a dream? Oh, God.” Lila started to struggle against the chains, making loud clanging noises. The chains wouldn't come off the walls.

            “Calm down. We'll be fine, right? I'll try and contact one of the pack members.” She watched as Justin tried to communicate with the pack. When he couldn't, she saw him scrunch up his face in concentration.

            “Can't get a hold of them?” She whispered and he shook his head.

            “I feel... Empty. It's weird.” Lila sighed. They were doomed and it was her fault. If she hadn't sneaked out, if she'd just listened to Mamaw.

            “We all make mistakes. Yours is just a lot bigger.” Evangeline comforted Lila.

            “Help!” Justin shouted and Lila glared at him.

            “Shut up!” She hissed. “Do you really think they're going to let us out?”

            “It's worth a try!” Justin told her before shouting for help several times.

            Unfortunately, it was two people who came who they didn't want to see. Simon and Ronnie. Simon started to make a tutting noise before he spoke.

            “What a shame to see you both in here. Could've made good friends.” Simon said, looking at both of the Yang twins.

            “What do you want?” Justin hissed whilst Lila was too gobsmacked to say anything. All she could see was Ronnie, the same person who comforted her when she and Logan had an argument. The same person who spent time with her and Blake when they went to the café... The same person who helped distract Logan alongside her brother. It made Lila sick to think about it.

            “The stone. The one you've been looking for. The one that Lila was supposed to protect.” Simon smirked.

            “Why?” Lila whispered, aiming her question at Ronnie. She couldn't believe that he would be capable of... This.

            “Bit of fun. Teach Logan that not everyone is going to be in his shadow forever.” Ronnie told her.

            “So you kidnap m-us!?” Lila asked, not believing what she heard.