Chapter Twenty Six

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y S I X

             Missy sighed as she tended to Jace's wound on his face. Logan had managed to catch him with his claws. She had never seen anything like this before; first Jack went missing but came back (unharmed, thankfully) but now Lila and Justin were missing? The worst part was that none of the pack could communicate with the twins, not even Logan could. It was as if someone had walled their minds away and the longer they were gone, the more faith the people had in finding them was fading.

             “Stupid prick.” Jace swore under his breath as Missy applied disinfectant on the cut. Apparently (Missy hadn't been there to witness it, only a handful of people had and the story had been altered so many times that Missy wasn't even sure if it was true or not!) when Logan couldn't 'feel' Lila any more he'd gone mental and his wolf had completely taken over. Alpha Darren had had to use a separate room just to restrain his wolf from harming any of the pack.

             “Don't say that. Logan isn't in control.” Missy sternly told Jace. She'd seen the way he looked at Lila and acted around her. If no one else was going to stick up for Logan (as they had barely done for the past few years), Missy was going to.

             “And? Still shouldn't have attacked me.” Jace sulked.

             “Stop being such a child. They've barely spent any time together and she's being blocked off.”

             “Huh.” Jace was silent for a moment, scrunching up his face every moment of so before speaking again. “So erm, where's Ronnie?”

             “I don't know. Why?” Missy asked curiously.

             “We made plans to go out a few days ago.” Missy nodded before putting away the disinfectant and first aid kit.

             “Have you tried calling his mobile?”

             “Goes straight to voicemail.” Missy nodded before sauntering over to Jace. She pecked him on the lips before smiling at him lovingly.

             “You shouldn't be so harsh on him. He's missing Lila, we all are. As well as Justin, obviously.” Missy sighed. She knew Jace hated Logan – their hatred went way back to their childhood.

             “Well he doesn't have to go over the top!”

             “He isn't! If anyone, Mamaw is.” If people thought that Logan shifting and attempting to attack anyone coming near him or obstructing him was bad, they hadn't seen Mamaw.

             And if they'd thought when Lila had broken her arm and leg was bad, they were mistaken. The pack house looked as if a hurricane swept through the house, a tsunami waved through the house and then an earthquake had terrorised the house. It was as if that had happened twice.

             Thankfully, Mamaw had managed to calm herself to be in control of her wolf – yes, Mamaw had shifted, thrice. Many of the adults had been wary of Mamaw due to her shifting. It was the first time in twenty years that she'd shifted and they were worried she would shift suddenly and cause havoc (again) on the house.

             “I'm going to go and calm Logan down.” Missy told Jace, after an internal battle. She was throwing the positives and negatives around, but she was sure she could calm him down slightly.

             “No. You are not going near him.”

             “Sure I am.”

             “No.” Jace tried to tighten his grip on Missy but she wasn't having any. “Have you seen what he's done to me? I am not having him hurt you.”