Chapter Thirteen

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

            Lila fell back on her bed, exhausted. This week had been the busiest that she'd ever had before. She'd told Jace, Missy, Blake and Luke what had happened in the boarding school, she didn't expect them to be understanding and... calm. They didn't cause a ruckus or shout, they just moved on swiftly after Lila had confessed and talked about it. On top of trying to tell her and Justin's crew about the murders, she had to figure out how to tell Logan and his friends (she'd met them two days after the party) about the murders and then she had to hide her relationship with Logan from Justin.

            “You should just tell Justin, you know?” Missy told Lila as she joined Lila on the bed. Lila looked at the ceiling before grumbling.

            “I know, it's just... I don't want him to go all over protective and yeah. He also hates Logan.” Lila rubbed her temples. “And I've still got all that guardian stuff I told you about.” Missy was the only one (other than Darren) to know about Lila's wolf, Evangeline, being a different person to Lila but stuck in her body. Lila had also informed Missy about Evangeline being a 'guardian' of some sort.

            “Oh yeah. Have you even looked in that book yet?” Yes, Missy knew every tiny detail. She knew that Lila hadn't opened the book but she knew that even before Lila had confessed.

            “No.” Lila sighed. She didn't really want to look in the book. It would mean that everything was real. That she'd have to do this, for Evangeline. Sure she wanted to do it but when she realised how big the situation really was, it frightened her.

            “When are you going to?”

            “When I tell Logan about what happened.” Lila stated. She refused to open or read the book until Logan knew the truth. If she was right, then it included him and she wanted to trust Evangeline.

            “When will that be?” Missy persisted to get Lila to think about what she was doing and what she would do when the time came.

            “Soon, hopefully. I... I don't know if he'll hate me.” Lila shrugged. Even though she'd told quite a few people about the incident she was still unsure of their reactions. When she'd first told Justin, he put the phone down on her and didn't talk to her for two weeks. The rest of the group, except Missy, were slightly wary of her now. Who knows how Logan would act? He was unpredictable.

            “I don't think he would. Maybe shocked?” Missy watched as Lila forced herself off the bed and walked over to her wardrobe.

            “Yeah... yeah.” Lila confirmed, more to herself. She flipped her clothes across the railing until she found the one piece of item she loved the most – her dungarees. Lila laughed at Missy's horrified face as she brought them out.

            “You can't wear them!” Missy shouted, mortified.

            “Why? They're comfy!” Lila gave the same answer to Missy as she did to Justin. 'They're comfy'. They were easy to pull on and off, it didn't matter if they got dirty because they could be washed easily and they looked cute!

            “You know what? I'm not going to say anything.” Lila knew that Missy knew that nothing would change Lila's mind. In all honesty, Lila didn't see why people didn't wear them!

            “Good. You don't mind if I...?” Lila trailed off and motioned her hand to show that she was going to change.

            “Nope. I've seen it before, I'm a girl. Doesn't bother me!” Missy exclaimed before Lila proceeded to strip and change into her flowered dungarees. “Nice body.” Missy noted.