Chapter Twelve

C H A P T E R T W E L V E

            Lila was stunned when she looked into the hairdresser's mirror. She wanted to say that she didn't recognise herself in the mirror, but she did. However, she could say that she felt beautiful, Hell, she even looked it! Her once white, wavy hair which fell to her waist now fell on her collarbones. They'd straightened it, and dyed the edges a very light blue. A massive grin appeared on Lila's face.

            “Missy! Thank you!” Lila turned to her best friend, who grinned back at her. Earlier, they'd dumped the boys when they went off to buy some clothes and go for the make over... although they hadn't bought any clothes just yet!

            “I thought it'd look amazing. I was right! What do you think though? Do you mind the blue?” Missy babbled and Lila kept grinning.

            “Yeah, I love it! Jay's going to be shocked, and the blue is amazing. I would never have had the guts to do this.” Lila and Missy bid the hairdresser's goodbye before walking down the busy street.

            “It goes well with the top, don't you think?” Missy laughed and Lila tutted. She wore a maroon oversized woolly jumper and the blue tips of her hair stood out even more. Lila chuckled.

            “Yeah, it does. Don't diss the jumper either. I'll have you know that I love this jumper.”

            “Even if it's starting to bobble?”

            “Duh.” Lila bumped her hips against Missy's, surprising Missy and making her stumble over. Lila burst into a full out laughter. “Your... your face!” Lila gasped, tears starting to form from laughing so hard.

            “You bitch!” Missy shouted at Lila. A frown forming on her face as she dusted herself off. “Right, let's go into this shop.”

            “Oasis? Really? You think they'll have any dresses?” Lila asked Missy, doubting her. It didn't look like there were going to be any worthwhile dresses in here.

            “Just wait and see, okay?”

            Five arguments later, ten clothes shops, five shoe shops, one Boots trip and a McDonalds, Missy and Lila returned home. They'd both found a new dress to wear for the party, some shoes to match and some new clothes. Lila sighed and threw the casual clothing on the rail in her wardrobe. She'd check them all out tomorrow. Right now, she had to let Missy do her make-up for the party. Apparently she was 'dressing to impress' and Lila knew who Missy meant – Logan. Lila didn't see why, surely he would be happy if she dressed herself comfortably? Lila groaned, she had no idea about parties or anything. Sure, she'd attended some in boarding school and maybe she'd gone on one or two dates before the whole fiasco occurred but she never really saw why she'd needed to go to extreme lengths just to impress someone. It didn't make sense to her.

            “I haven't seen Jay yet. Did you see Jace or any of the guys?” Lila asked, they'd gotten into the house and Mamaw was absent again and none of the guys were back.

            “Jace text me, they'll meet us at the party.” Lila raised her eyes. She didn't believe Missy. Jace may not have seemed it but she was sure he was possessive. Pretty much every werewolf male was possessive of their mates, or of any of the females in their packs.

            “Really?”

            “Yeah... Oh, right, I told them we were going with some other people.” Missy waved her hands at Lila.

            “Right, I'm sure he believed you.” Lila told Missy, skeptically.

            “After some persuasion he did.” Missy glanced at Lila. “Come on, get your dress on. We've only got another hour to get ready!” Missy freaked out. Lila smirked, she was pretty pro at getting ready quickly. She didn't like to do her make-up and clothing slow. It was probably why she slept in in the mornings, she didn't take years to do her make up or hair... or even clothes. She took out the dress from the bag and spread it out on her bed. The reason why she liked the dress so much was because it was simple. No glitter, no sequins, no big fancy cuffs or shoulder padding and there was no extravagant design. It was a simple dress but the only problem was that it was extremely short.