5

Clarke's POV

All the calls, all the messages had finally stopped. It had been a three weeks since since the encounter with Lexa's wife and it had been three weeks and two days since I last saw or spoken to Lexa. I tried my best to avoid her and it wasn't hard at all.. Until today where I have to have a meeting in the White House with one of the Senators. I hope, I pray that I won't have to come face to face with Lexa.

My mom guided me through the White House to the meeting room. It was very odd how quiet she was but I didn't mind it I needed to focus on what Senator Raven task for me is.

We arrived at the door and my mom opened and closed it when I went inside. What I see next isn't what I was hoping at all.

"Lexa?" I stare at her in utter disbelief. Lexa didn't look like Lexa at all, she looked terrible as if she hadn't sleep or showered in days and she wasn't in her usually slacks and long sleeve button down shirts with her down instead she was in sweat pants and a hoodie with a messy bun standing and watching my every move as if she were to blink I would disappear but with all of that, that's not why Lexa didn't look herself.. It was her eyes that conveyed her, like she had lost the joy of living, like someone told her baddest news of her life.

"I was looking for Senator Raven, I'm sorry I'll come back another time" as soon as I eagerly headed for the door she spoke.

"I know what Costia said to you, is that why you didn't answer my calls, my texts?" her voice almost sounded broken. I didn't respond so she continued "You're weren't my fling Clarke, you were my friend at least I thought" her voice was at lost of emotion now, something was tearing the her up inside and I wanted to know what that was.

"I'm sorry" was all I could choke out.

"Sorry huh" Lexa laughs sarcastically. "I've learned something Clarke, that sorry is just a word" she steps closer to me while I take a step back. "You judged me Clarke and here I'm thinking that you were different" she takes another step closer and my back finds the wall "you were different" she whispers this as if she had to assure herself of it.

"Lexa..." I start but she immediately shuts me down.

"No!" she yells looking me straight in the eyes, my mouth was dry of words. "It's Madame President to you" I'd never seen this side of Lexa, so full of hatred. I didn't know what to do I didn't know what to say I just wanted the hurt she was feeling to go away, so I did the only thing I could.

I grasp the back of Lexa's neck pulling her close practically crashing my lips into hers. I could feel her tense up at first but she soon gave into it. Her lips were so soft so sweet like cotton candy. Lexa wrapped her hands around my waist and we continued to kiss as if one let go the other would die. Lexa was the first to pull away I started to apologize for my actions but Lexa quickly shhh me leaning in for another kiss.

This kiss wasn't rushed this time, it was passionate. I could feel sparks all through my body. The taste of her lips I craved so much more. She began sliding her hands up my shirt I felt every sensation in my body when her cold hands touched my bare skin. I've never encountered something so elegant so fragile than this kiss.

-----

Lexa's POV

Clarke and I were making out for a while now, we would stop to see each others eyes and breathe. I could stare into those blue eyes foreve.... the door swings open and I'm met with my annoying sister "Sorry to interrupt but um Lexa you're need in the Oval Office, but now I see what's got you all caught up" we both pull away from each other so fast and I take a quick glance at Clarke and her cheeks are flushed. "Let me guess fling number...." Lexa gives her a glare and Anya shuts up until Lexa moves out of the way and she gets a good view of the Blonde.

"Wait a minute, is that Clarke Griffin" she starts laughing and Clarke looks at Anya genuinely confused. "And you are?" Clarke asks.

"Ooo sassy I see why you talk about her so much, I'm Anya Lexa's sister" she extends her hand towards Clarke but she rejects it. "Okay then, yikes. Lexa oval office in five minutes" with that Anya leaves the room leaving Clarke and I alone again.

"I'm sorry about my sister she just jokes around, you'd think she would grow up by now" Lexa laughs nervously unsure how if Clarke put the pieces together of why Lexa mostly a nervous wreck, it's not just that my son is dead but it's that no one cared to asked how I was feeling about the death of my own son, that was until Clarke came along to make every day a little more worth living but Clarke left her and it broke my heart a little to not even get an explanation of why she left.

"It's totally fine, I need to get going anyway if you see the Senator please tell her I'll reschedule" Lexa now knew why Clarke was here, Raven set them up. I knew my best friend meant well but I didn't like her meddling in my messes.

"Clarke wait, we're not going to talk about this?"

Her face grows into anger. "Talk about what Lexa, you're married are you crazy" she heads for the door I grab a hold of her wrist stopping her.

"Yea just a little crazy for you" Clarke stares at me for a while and I realize what just came out of my mouth, did I really just say that!

"No Lexa you're not, I'm just a fling remember" all the light in Clarke's eyes was gone she gets away from my grip on her wrist and walks out of the meeting room, no one left but me in the room staring at the door where the girl that I can't get out my head left.... again.

A/N: Clexa will happen, count on it :) updating by tonight or tomorrow morning, I started back to school Wednesday so I'm writing here and there in classes lol. Also I'm writing another book it's also Clexa so I'll publish it in a few days so I'll be writing back and forth on both.