Promises, Forgiveness, and Feelings Pg. 2

Jack's POV

Well it was off to the hell I call home. Maybe I kinda deserve this. I mean I was just a mistake.

I slowly walked to my house. I didn't want to go home. Pa would probably just beat me or tell me how much of a screw up I am. I had my head down so Mark wouldn't notice me.
"Hey Jack!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I ran. I didn't want the person to ask me lots of questions. I ran til I saw my house in sight. I looked back and didn't see anything. I walked to my house and into my front yard. Is is normal to feel like a stranger in your own yard?

I walked up the porch steps and opened the front door. I stepped in, took my shoes up and ran upstairs. I quickly got in my room so Pa wouldn't find me. "SEAN WILLIAM MCLOUGHLIN!" I heard a voice yell. It was my Pa.

"Y-Yes sir?" I asked in a small voice. "Why the hell did go to school today?! I didn't say you could!" Pa said. He threw a beer bottle at me. It hit me in the shin. It hurt but I wouldn't show weakness by crying.

"All screw ups are beaten." Pa stated. "And I see one laying in front of me." He said evilly. "Please Pa, don't hit me with the belt." I whimpered. "Too late Sean. You called this on yourself." He said taking his belt off. Oh how much I wanted to yell out or cry but if I did he would hit me harder than ever.

He snapped it against the ground. Tears brimmed my eyes. "Please don't." I whimpered. Pa didn't listen he hit me. I yelled out in pain. Tears streamed down my face. "Please stop." I said. He ignored and hit me again. I laid in the floor and curled up in a ball to protect my face and chest. Pa kicked me a few times and then threw 1 beer bottle at me and then left me alone. I stayed curled up and cried very, very hard.

I managed to drag myself up the stairs to my room. Even without the razor blade I was harmed. Mentally and physically.
The nights are the worst. All I can think about is my Ma, brothers, and sisters. They managed to get out of this hellhole. The song "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum ran through my head. I thought of Mark. I needed him more than ever right now. I needed him to hold me tight and never let me go. I sang the lyrics to Need You Now silently till I fell asleep. I survived another day of hell somehow.

Mark's POV

Next Day

I woke up refreshed. I wonder how Jack felt this morning. He had to feel good because he didn't have his razor blade anymore. I picked out my clothe for the school day and changed into them. I brushed my teeth and styled my red and black hair slightly and was off to school.

At school

I arrived at school to see Jack. He was hiding his face. "Jack?" I asked walking up to him. He jumped. "Mark! Get away from me, please. I don't want you to see me this way." Jack said. "What? What are you talking about?" I asked frightened. He slowly took the hood of the hoodie he was wearing down. I was horrified. I saw he had a black eye and cuts on his face.

"What happened to you?" I asked. "My Pa did this." He said. I grabbed him and held him tight to me. He cried into my chest. I didn't mind. I just put my head on top of his and held him close. He pulled away. "Please don't tell anyone." He said. "I won't. You could probably stay with me for awhile. My mom is very welcoming." I said. "What about your dad?" He asked. "Oh.......uh, he's gone away for awhile." I said. Jack picked up on what I meant. "I-I'm so sorry for asking." He replied. "It's OK." I said with a faint smile on my face. We walked into the school building for another day of school. Together.

How was that? I hope you like it! Bye Aqualines!

Song above - Need You Now by Lady Antebellum