Forty-Four

(Picture is Harvey Newton-Haydon)

Words: 3457

The weekend was over, that meant we had to go back to work. Harry had offered to drive with him, but I declined and called Louis instead. I wanted to tell him about my weekend and just see him in general again. I must admit, I've sort of neglected my friends for the past few weeks. I was always around Harry, seeing he was close to being my best friend. So going for a drive with Louis would make me feel a little better about abandoning them.

"Nialler? Someone's at the door for you!" my mother yelled from downstairs. I cocked my eyebrow and looked at my phone's time. Louis was early, that's for sure.

I shook my head and smiled to myself while grabbing a white t-shit along with my black leather jacket. "I'll be down in a second, mom!" I yelled back before pulling the t-shirt over my head and walking to the bathroom. I quickly styles my hair into a sort of sideways quiff with my hands and smiled to my reflection.

I looked good.

Quickly walking down the stairs, I stuck my arms through the arms of my jacket and pulled it over my shoulders. "Going to work, mom. See you tonight," I pressed a kiss to her cheek and walked up to the kitchen island where we have a basket filled with fruit.

"Niall, aren't you going to have breakfast first? Ask you friend to come in and maybe have breakfast with us."

I simply shook my head and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket. "No thanks, mom. Louis and I are going straight to work. Besides, if we're really hungry, we could always buy something there," I explained before walking out of the kitchen and to the door.

My mother sighed but nodded anyways. "Alright, be careful, sweetheart. And have a nice day at work. Oh and tell Harry I said hi!"

I chuckled as I grabbed my keys and wallet. "Will do, bye mom!"

"Bye, honey."

I opened the door and smiled as I saw a red Ferrari parked in front of the gates, Louis leaning against it as he was typing away on his phone. With a click on the button, the gates opened and Louis jumped up, holding his hand on his chest as he did.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again, Horan!" he said before pulling me in an embrace. I chuckled and wrapped my own arms around his petit body. "I missed talking to you," he mumbled before tightening his grip on me.

"I missed talking to you too, Lou." We pulled back from each other and got into his car. "Hey, how are you and Luke?" I asked once Louis started the engine of the car.

He turned his head to look at me for a second before a smile spread over his face and he drove off. "We're pretty good. Can't be better, I guess," he said, a smile still plastered on his face. "How's Mr. Sex-On-Legs? Had sex yet?"

I blushed crimson red and shook my head, looking down at my hands. "No. We haven't done that," I muttered quietly, completely flustered.

Louis glanced at me before turning his eyes back on the road. "You've got this glow all around you," he said while pointing at my body with his right hand.

"What does that mean?" I asked, not sure if I even wanted to know his theory behind this all.

"When you have the glow, you either had sex or did something very intimated with your lover, which in your case is Harry. We all know how you have the hots for our own Mr. Reputation," Louis said, as if he was just stating points.

"We didn't have sex," I protested, only making Louis chuckle.

"Yeah right, bub, as if I believe that. C'mon, I'm your friend, you can tell me."