Twenty-One

Words: 1302

"You fell? Really?"

Please, just believe me. I'm not in the mood to explain anything right now.

"Yes, really. I fell really hard and hit my jaw on the way down."

Harry's expression told me he didn't believe it, but he kept it in for my sake, I could see it. "You were holding your stomach. You looked sick, are you sure you just fell, Blondie?"

I clenched my teeth and used every bone in my body to not lash out. Honestly, I couldn't stand hearing him constantly calling me 'blondie' instead of my actual name. "Yes I'm sure. What are you trying to say, huh? You weren't there, Styles, so stick to your own business." I snapped.

He helped you. He was nice to you, what happened to being the vulnerable boy you were a few minutes ago, huh?

"No, you're right. I wasn't there. But no one was there for you in the end either, was there? Thanks to me you didn't die outside for the second time. Thanks to me you're safe inside in a warm house. Hell, I'm trying to help you out, but all you ever do is lash out on me. You know what, I've had it with you! You can go around and call me all you want, but look in the mirror before you start calling other people names," he spat back before standing up and walking out of the living room where we were.

You screwed up, big time.

...

For a pretty long time, I was just sitting on the couch and left alone. I didn't know if I had to leave his house, or if I should go look for him and apologize. I didn't even know where the hell he was.

But before I could even consider getting up, I felt my eyes slowly closing. I was so tired, there was no stopping me from my sleep. If this room was burning, I wouldn't even notice, that's how tired I was.

...

"No! Go away! I-I'm sorry! I just couldn't get the money, I'm sorry!"

"It's too late to say sorry, Blondie. You screwed up! Just like you did with your boyfriend."

I glared through teary eyes at the boy in front of me. His shoes were a few centimeters away from me and he appeared taller than I could imagine him from the last time we met. "He's not my boyfriend. What are you even talking about?" I spat back.

A kick was given to my stomach and I curled up even more, my hands and arms trying to shield myself from getting any more kicks in that area. "Oh, Niall. You're so naïve," he said, walking in a small circle around me. "To think Mr. Styles would ever want to help you. He's only being nice to you because of one thing. He wants his fame. He doesn't want his oh so well build carrier to go wasted. Like Malik said, he's a master at his game. One day you think he hates you, the next you're sucking each other's faces off. I know him, Niall."

Now I was beyond confused.

"What do you mean?"

He laughed loudly and crunched down in front of me. "We've been keeping an eye on you for a very long time already, Niall. Even before you tried out for your audition. We know you, Niall. We know you like him. We know you want him in the most disgusting ways ever. He's no good for you Niall. Or better say, he's too good for you. You're a pathetic piece of shit in a goldmine. And we are so kind to throw the shit in a trashcan."

I frowned, still not really knowing what he meant.

"Are you seriously that stupid, Niall? Gosh. He's using you. It's only fun and games for him. He wants to keep his reputation high. He fucked every antagonist he's ever had and you're no exception. So don't think he's being nice to you because he's opening up. Because he's changing. He's just playing his act on you. He didn't win so many prizes because he can't act. He won them, because he's the best."

"You're lying. He's not a monster like you're trying to make him sound. We may not get along, but I'm sure he has a heart deep inside of his dark soul."

The boy just rolled his eyes and grabbed my face in his hand roughly. "Listen boy, I only tried to help you. We need you to give us the money and if you're heartbroken by some stupid actor, you'll regret ever falling for him."

He shoved me really hard, making my head smack against the floor.

...

I jumped awake, heart thumping loudly against my chest, beads of sweat covering my forehead and neck and breathing heavily. "Hey, shhh. It's alright. You're alright, you're fine. It's just a bad dream." I jumped away as soon as I heard a voice in my ear, but sort of relaxed as I could feel his body against mine. Soothing rubs were given to my arm and my whole body was pressed against his warm and naked chest. "Just a bad dream. It's completely fine. You're safe here." Harry kept mumbling sweet nothings to me till I finally relaxed in his presence.

My eyes slowly closed again as I laid my head on his shoulder for a few seconds. "I'm sorry," I apologized.

Harry wrapped his arms around my stomach and tightened his grip shortly. "I was already awake, couldn't sleep anyway," he said. His voice was deeper than it usually is, but I know that it wasn't his morning voice.

I sighed and smiled.

This is new.

"I meant about earlier. Shouldn't have said that. I'm a dick compared to how kind you actually are."

He slowly unwrapped his arms from me and I knew I said something wrong, right away.

"You shouldn't have said that. I don't have a heart. I'm a cold monster and you have to open your eyes to see the truth, Niall. Because it's right in front of you," he said coldly, yet calm.

"You do have a heart, Harry. Don't say such things. You're sweet and caring, you're only hiding it for an unspoken reason."

He took a deep breath and let it out after holding it for a few seconds. "Listen. I want you to keep in mind that I'm not a good person. This is a one-time-thing. Like a one-night-stand. I don't do them often, but they hurt when they're over. I'm only telling you this because you're interesting and something new, but I'd try and not fall for me, because if you do, you'll end up broken anyway. And I don't think there will be anyone to glue you together after."

"You're so sure that people will fall for you, but has it ever crossed your mind that you might fall for someone before they do?"

Harry stood up from the couch and sighed. "Go to sleep, Niall. And don't even try to tell anyone about this night. I'll deny it either way."

And he's back to being a cold dick.

Why did I even bring this up? I always have to ruin things, don't I?

Yeah, Niall. Why?

//AUTHOR's NOTE//

Hey guys!

Yes, it are shorter chapters, but I'm updating more, so it should be sort of the same, right? I was just wondering, what do you guys like the most? Longer chapters, but less updates, or shorter chapters, but more updates? I'm not saying that if you all say longer that it's gonna be any longer, but I just want to know, because sometimes I have the feeling like my chapters are just TOO short, you know?

ANYWAY, some progress huh? Finally.

Question: What do you guys think? Is Harry finally opening up to Niall, or is it just an act, like Niall was told in his dream?