Seventeen

Words: 2261

A sigh left my lips as I continued to listen to Louis' rant. "No, Niall! Are you even listening to me? You can't just ignore him. You know what Steven said. You know and still you're trying to avoid him."

I rolled my eyes and sat up on my bed. "I'm sorry, Lou. I know that you're annoyed that the movie is being on a break now, but I simply can't like him."

That's a lie, and you know it.

"Niall, listen to me. Give it a chance. Just talk to him, who knows? You might have a lot in common?"

Well I doubt that.

"I'm sure we won't. He's all... that. And I'm-"

"All this? I don't know what you're trying to say, but you're not making any sense. Can't you see that this is just amazingly stupid? You're being a child, and it's not cute, Niall."

I sighed for the seventh time and eventually nodded. "Okay fine, give me his number or whatever you want me to do, but you know, if I fall for that prick, I'll drag you through a year of hell," I finally decided. Louis smiled brightly and grabbed his phone.

A few seconds later and the call went over. I quickly snatched his phone out of Louis' hand and placed it to my ear. "Hello?"

Silence.

'Say something!' Louis mouthed at me. I opened my eyes wider and held my shoulders up, not really knowing what to say.

"Is this a prank? Because it's not funny."

Louis pushed my shoulder softly, signing I should finally say something. I sighed and bit my lip. Why am I always so nervous? When I'm face to face, I don't seem to be so intimidated by him, but now he can't see my 'tough' expression. Now I have to do it with my voice only, I can't seem to be that strong anymore.

"Okay, I'm going to end this call now, weirdo."

With a last warning look from Louis, I took a deep breath and finally said something. "Harry, wait!"

There was another small break of silence, before he finally spoke again. "Who is this?" he asked, his voice so husky over the phone. God, why does he have to make it so hard on me to not fall for him?

"I-it's Niall. Niall Horan."

Professional....

"Oh, what do you want from me?" The smile that was forming on my lips from only hearing him, slowly disappeared at the harshness of his words.

"I, uh..."

"You- uh? You what, moron?"

Ouch... pretend that didn't hurt.

"You know what, Styles- Aw!" I glared at Louis who slapped me really badly. "Fucker, that hurt!"

Louis just ignored me and snatched the phone away. "Look, Niall wants to hang out with you and be buddy-buddy, so you better get your ass here and get this childish stuff over with, or you'll never get to play in what seems to be the best movie ever." And then he hung up.

My eyes were wide and once realization seemed to fall into him, he had the same expression.

"Did I just-"

"You did just-"

"OH, MY GOD!" we both yelled at the same time.

"I can't believe I just ordered Harry Styles around. God, he's so going to get me fired. Or worse, he's going to kill me! Or even worse, he's going to let me work for Disney!"