Nine

Words: 1480

As I went back behind the counter, a voice stopped me. "Hey, blondie. You forgot my order."

I rolled my eyes at the remark of some stupid client and turned around, only to have the wind knocking out of my lungs at the sight in front of me. "What? Never seen a real actor before?" He had this stupid smug smile on his face and I gritted my teeth.

You must be kidding me.

"What are you doing here, Harry?" I asked rudely, not really wanting to deal with his shit. He only rolled his eyes and pretended to be offended.

Seems like his acting classes didn't pay off that well... and he won awards for his acting? Wow.

I chuckled to my own thoughts, making him only gaze at me with this questioning expression as if I was crazy and needed help. "Well, blondie, I'm not here to see you, if that's what you're implying to. I'm only here because my friend wanted to be here and I followed." I nodded and wanted to smile at him, but then he added "Not that it is any of your business."

If it wasn't for my boss to be sort of next to me, I would have told him he wasn't welcome here, but of course I couldn't. Instead, I just smiled with a faux smile at him and grabbed a notebook and a pen. "What do you want, Mr. Oh Mighty?" I asked sarcastically.

He didn't seem to be too phased by it, and just shrugged. "I don't even need shit from this shitty place. All I need is that fake blonde over there, here." He pointed to someone beside me. I turned to look at the girl Harry was pointing at and saw Sydney, a small smile on her face as she talked to Clara about something.

"Why do you need her? If you're gonna try to get her, too bad. She's already taken," I said, trying to protect her from a heartbreak.

He only laughed in response and shook his head. "Oh, babe. If anything, I don't date. Neither do I do kids that aren't on my list," he said.

I knew I shouldn't have asked, but I did anyway. "Who's on your list then?"

He had this mischievously look in his eyes and a smirk playing on his lips. "Hmm. Wouldn't you like to know, pretty blue eyes?"

I tried to look uninterested and rolled my eyes, picking at the pieces of paper from my little notebook. "Not really, actually."

Harry chuckled softly with his cocky smirk still on his face. "Yeah sure. It looks as if the little blonde wanted to figure out whether or not he was on the list, huh?"

I blushed a little, but I didn't try to avoid Harry's eyes. "Yeah well. What's the answer?" Denying I wanted to know whether or not he was interested in me, wouldn't have made a difference, so I might as well just tell the truth, I thought to myself.

He had a glint in his eyes and he pulled at his bottom lip with his indexfinger and thumb before releasing it again. "Depends on your answer"

"My answers to what?"

"How good are you in bed?" He bluntly asked.

If my eyes didn't pop out, I don't know it anymore. I was stunned to say the least. He was such a straightforward man.

"Uh- I, uh... what?" I was searching for words, but didn't find them as soon as I hoped I would.

The smirk on his face only made me even more nervous before he started laughing loudly. "God, you should have seen your face, blondie. It was hilarious! I really am a great actor. God. 7 awards later and I'm still the bestest!"

I was still a bit in shock of what he had said. It was a joke. He wasn't really interested in me nor my sexual experiences. Once I recovered from his stupid joke, I rolled my eyes, my cheeks still a bit pink from the blushing and I crossed my arms over my chest. "The best," I corrected him. He only looked confused at me. Of course, not the smartest actor, huh? "It's "the best" not "the bestest" that is grammatically incorrect," I explained, making him widen his eyes a bit. He seemed to get it now, but shrugged it off.

Instead of arguing even more, I just sighed and gave in. "Whatever, why do you need her anyway, if it's not for your sexual needs?"

A smirk formed back on his lips and he crossed his arms over his chest as I let mine fall to the sides. "I actually need her because my best friend asked for her," he said as if it was the most normal thing on earth.

"I'll ask Sydney if she even has time for this, otherwise your friend can suck it up." I could see he was about to comment on reply, but he closed his mouth again and just let it pass.

So I turned to my side, seeing only Clara somewhere next to me. Hmm... where is she? I walked up to Clara and asked her where Sydney went. She told me that she wanted to show Millie where they had left off, and would be in the kitchen right now, so I quickly walked in the kitchen. And indeed, she was with Millie, smiling both and giggling a bit between their small talk.

I cleared my throat and the both of them looked up confused, but smiled once they saw it was me. "Niall, hey!" Millie said with a big bright smile. Her eyes were a tiny bit red and puffy and the tip of her nose was pink. She looked pale and just plain sick. Poor girl.

"Hey, Millie. Are you sure you're alright? I hate to say this, but you look awful."

Millie just chuckled as Sydney rolled her eyes, probably because of my remark. "Niall, you don't say such things to a girl," Sydney said, giggling as Millie whispered something to her.

Ugh, girls...

Instead of asking what they were talking about, I just sighed and picked up a cupcake. "Sydney, someone asked for you," I informed while biting down in a soft cupcake.

Sydney blinked a few times before she nodded and walked up to the front. I would stay here with Millie, but I just needed to make sure Harry stayed away from her. So as we walked up from behind the counter, Harry approached us. "Finally, took you long enough, blondie," he spat. I decided to ignore him and looked at Sydney.

"Please, tell me you don't know him, so we can go on with our lives," I spoke to her.

Sydney just giggled and shove my shoulder a bit. "Shut it, blondie," she used the sort of nickname Harry used on me, seeing he doesn't know my name. "Harry, where's Liam?" she asked, turning towards Harry as she did.

Harry only had a huge smirk on his face and pulled both eyebrows up a little, giving me the "I told you so" look. "Oh, love. Am I not enough?" he asked her playfully, still looking at me.

I couldn't see Sydney's reaction, my eyes were locked with his grass green ones. "Very funny. I'm serious, where is he? I haven't seen him in 4 days!" I now noticed Sydney looked a lot more happy than earlier.

"Chill, babe. He's outside. Got a call and seeing there were too many people here, he went out." Sydney thanked Harry and quickly walked outside.

There was this awkward silence between Harry and I now and I could feel the thick tension in the air. I was the first one to break it. "So uh... You know Sydney, huh?" Harry just let out a sigh out of annoyance.

"Look, I don't know you. I don't want anything to do with you and I will definitely never like you. So spare yourself the time, I'm not interested. In front of the camera's, we may act close, but once behind them, we'll separate our ways. Got it?"

My bottom lip wanted to quiver, but I bit down on it, hard. I could feel the anger boiling up in my veins. He's such a selfish, boorish, brainless- ugh!

"Dick," I mumbled.

"Amateur."

And then he left.

//AUTHOR's NOTE//

Hey! So I hope you enjoyed this small update. I didn't really know if this would be any help for my story, it'll probably just be a bit of a filler chapter, but besides that, it's an update; so hehe be happy.

ANYWAY, I'll try to update as soon as possible. It'll be less sucky, I promise. 

Question: do you think these two will get along, or will they always have this love-hate relationship they seem to be building?