Eight

Words: 1612

It has been a week. Literally a week and we still haven't done anything.

There were some "technical problems" and the whole building was shut down for safety reasons. Somehow I wasn't bothered by it, really. I was rather relieved that I had some time to clear up my mind. Even in that small week, a lot had happened. I had spend the majority of my time with Louis and Zayn, who became just like Luke and Ashton, my best friends.

We hadn't hung out with the five of us, but we were planning on doing that soon, though. Normally I had to go to Luke and Ashton to ask if they wanted to do something, but with Louis and Zayn added to my small group of friends, I didn't have to bother those two all the time. Instead I could do something with Louis or Zayn if Luke and Ash were busy or just didn't feel like it.

Of course, Sydney and Millie are sort of my friends and Clara -who's still my boss- is still the sweetest alive, but somehow I don't see those girls as my true friends. They were people I knew from work. We didn't see each other unless we were at at work, so I didn't consider them as real friends.

Speaking of work.

During the time we hadn't been able to record, I worked my ass off at The Irish Muffin. I promised Clara that whenever I had the time to help out, I would. She knew I was chosen as the main character of the new coming movie and she was totally fine with it, as long as I wouldn't turn a cold shoulder towards her. She also held this small party for me to celebrate that I was now officially an actor. Well, sort of.

"Niall! Get your ass here in the kitchen! I need your help!" I chuckled as I heard Sydney scream from the kitchen. She was making cupcakes, seeing they decided that Friday was CupcakeFriday. Every Friday, they'd make cupcakes and normally Millie would make them, but she felt sick and skipped, so Sydney had to make them.

Fun fact, Sydney nor I can bake, cook or do anything in the kitchen really. So this was truly an adventure.

Clara couldn't help, because it was seriously crowded and she had to keep an eye on the storm of people. Lots of people wanted to have a quick afternoon snack and because we were always open and pretty much the best and coziest restaurant around town, everyone decided to have their snack in The Irish Muffin.

When I entered the kitchen, I laughed as soon as I saw Sydney. Her face was completely covered in flour and in her hair were pieces of dough. She looked so cute, yet hilarious. "What the hell happened here?" I asked between my laughs.

Sydney pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. "Not funny, Niall. You know I can't bake to save my life. Why did Millie have to be sick today? On a Friday? Couldn't she wait till the weekend?" she whined.

I walked up to her and started cleaning up her pouty face and hair. Once she looked as clean as I could get her, we started to make them together. Honestly, I never believed in "Many hands, cause light work" but working with two, seriously made this task a lot easier than if one of us would have done this alone.

Finally the cupcakes were in the oven, ready to bake. Sydney sighed and giggled as she looked at me. "What?" I asked, not really understanding her sudden happiness.

"Nothing. You just have a bit on your nose, that's all." Her hand reached up to my face and she quickly rubbed the left over dough of my face.

It was such an intense moment and I had to hide my blush due to the awkwardness. She seemed to realise we were standing quite close to each other before I could, seeing she quickly looked away and took some steps back.

I scratched the back of my neck and felt a wave of tension floating towards us, surrounding the whole room. "So uh... how's your boyfriend doing?" I asked, trying to make this as less uncomfortable as possible.