Sixteen

Words: 1645

A sigh left my lips as I placed my guitar next to me. I've been playing ever since I could hold a guitar and I'll never get used to the magical feeling I get when I play a song. I haven't written a song of my own, yet, but I rather just play songs everyone know, than play one that would probably suck.

"Niall, honey? Are you home?" My head snapped up to the door and a small made its way on my face. Mom.

I quickly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mother was just sitting, water boiling in a cup ready to make tea. "Hey, Ma. I didn't know you were going to be home today?" I more asked than said.

She turned around and looked at me before standing up and embracing me. "Hey, baby. I could say the same to you. Why aren't you at work? Didn't you tell me you had only Wednesdays off. And that even depended on how the filming was going."

I sighed at the thought of the movie. Honestly, at first I thought this whole acting-stuff would be amazing. I would be a movie-star and everyone on the set would be amazing and we would be all friends.

Turns out that my fantasy fairytale didn't go the way I expected it to...

"You look sad. Something happened. Okay, it's Momma-time. Sit. I'll make you tea and we'll talk. Like the good old times."

...

Somewhere through our talk, we moved to the couch and my mother was sitting while I leaned against her. "It's going to be fine, lovely. You'll get through this. Just one stupid guy." Mom had been listening to me for the past 10 minutes. I told her everything just like I did with Luke and Ashton. Only letting out small parts like the fact that he's Harry Styles, the best actor and most handsome guy at the moment.

I know she means well and all, but somehow I hate it when people say that it'll be alright, when they know -or at least you know- that it won't.

"Besides, if this guy doesn't like you, then why bother? You're amazing and he'll never be like you. He's probably jelly because he isn't you."

"Ma, he doesn't want to be me, believe me. I'd rather be him, than the other way around."

"I doubt that, honey. I made you, so you're perfect."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. My mom started to play with my hair after a few seconds of silence passed. "Mom, you remember that movie we saw last time? Summer Love?" I asked. She stopped playing with my hair for a second, but went on by tugging softly at my roots as she answered.

"You mean that love-sick-cry-movie I cried with for more than 10 minutes?" I nodded as a response. "No, I don't know that movie." I rolled my eyes and slapped her thigh. My mom chuckled and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Yeah, yeah, alright. I do remember it. Why?"

I got back up and sat in a crossed-legs position, facing her. "Harry Styles, that unbelievably sexy guy who plays the main character in Summer Love, is the guy I've been talking about. He's my antagonist. Second main character of The Badboy's Trainer." Her eyes went wider for a second before she smirked.

"So you're telling me you've been hanging out with the most handsome guy of all times and you never introduced him to me? I'm your mother! You should have introduced me to this man from the second you saw him!" I chuckled again and shook my head playfully.

...

My mother and I talked for hours until it was her shift again. I invited Luke and Ashton over and had yet another movie-marathon with them.

A few hours later the bell rang and we all looked up from the TV-screen.

Strange... I didn't expect anyone.