Chapter 28

Daniels POV

I miss her, I miss everything about her, I want her by my side, I want her in my life for the rest of my life, I can't do this, I can't be without her, my student, my wife. I haven't done anything since I got back from school Friday, well, since Saturday, not having her with me is depressing me, I haven't left my bed since I got in it Friday night, unless I've needed the toilet, or a drink or snack, other than that I literally haven't done anything, the house is a tip, I'm a mess, I probably smell like shit, but right now, I don't give a fuck. It's Tuesday afternoon and my bed is the only place I wanna be right now. I'm still in a little bit of pain, my cuts have healed now which is good, but my stomach is still bruised and hurts every little while.

"Daniel?" I hear my name called. I can't be bothered to answer, maybe if I keep quiet they'll think I'm out and they'll leave.

"Daniel where are you?" I recognise those voices, the first is Lee and that was Adam. Fuck it I'm not going anywhere.

"We know you're here Daniel" I hear Lee say. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs, shit, they're coming.

"He's gotta be here, look in every room" Adam says to Lee. Then my door opens. "Never mind, found him" Adam then says. Then Lee appears.

"Daniel? Are you ok?" Lee asks.

"Yeah" I mumble not moving.

"What are you doing in bed at nearly 2:30 in the afternoon bro?" Adam asks. I'm not answering that.

"How long have you been in bed for?" Lee asks.

"Yeah" I mumble.

"Daniel the house is a mess" Adam points out. They know my house is always clean and tidy.

"Yeah" I mumble again.

"Alright Mr Yeah, get up" Adam says, he signals for Lee to help him and they start pulling me out of bed my bruises hurt again, don't grunt, don't grunt. My nice cosy warm bed, they're making me leave it. They get me standing up, although what I wanna do is fall right back into my bed, it was keeping me warm.

"Dude you stink, when did you last shower?" Lee asks covering his nose with his top. I thought I might smell.

"I dunno, maybe like, Friday morning before school" I say not really mumbling, but I'm not in the mood.

"Bro that's disgusting" Adam says, he actually sounds disgusted. "Get him in the shower, you're gonna shower, but you're showering yourself, we ain't washing you for you" Adam says pushing me out of my room and into the bathroom.

"You may wanna scrub well mate" Lee says turning the hot tap on and leaves, shutting the door behind him. Well at least I'll get warm in here, I look at myself in the mirror, I have a beard happening, and my hair is getting long, I was due for a cut a few days ago, and I always shave every two days, I keep a bit of facial hair but not a beard. I strip off and get into the shower, I spend the first 10 minutes enjoying the hot warm water sliding down my body. I can't help imagine Katie being in this shower with me, kissing her, showing her how much I need her in my life. The next ten minutes is spent with my washing my hair and body, but I can't be bothered to shave so I'll leave that, although I hate beards but I really don't care. I turn the hot tap off and get out of the shower. Shit! I don't have any clean clothes with me, I'll just wrap a towel around my waist. I go into my room where they are waiting. I had expected them to be waiting downstairs.

"You're not dressed" Adam points out.

"No clean clothes in there" I point out.

"Dude, you still have a beard, why didn't you shave?" Lee asks but I shrug.