Chapter 17

Daniels POV

"Katie, are you ok sweet?" I ask Katie slightly worried, she's gripping on to my arms really tightly, her skin has gone completely pale in a second, she's swaying as if she's been spinning around non stop for a minute.

"I'm dizzy, you're not standing still, I feel like I'm floating" She says starting to hurt my arms with her tight grip, and suddenly she collapses, I catch her as she falls so she doesn't injure herself when she hits the floor.

"Katie, katie, talk to me, can you hear me?" I ask but don't get a response.

"What's wrong with her?" Her mum asks.

"Help, I need help here" I yell for a doctor whilst holding on to Katie. A second later a doctor opens the curtain looking at Katie's mum first, I'm guessing they were thinking she was in trouble, as soon as they notice me kneeled beside an unconscious Katie they kneel the other side.

"What's her name?" The doctor asks looking at me.

"Katie" I say quickly. The doctor checks for a pulse, oh god, please don't be dead.

"Katie, can you hear me?" They doctor asks Katie but gets no response.

"What's wrong?" I ask worried.

"I need a trolley in here please" The doctor says whilst checking over Katie.

"Doctor, what's wrong with her?" I ask again.

"I'm not sure, it just looks like she's passed out, but I'm sure she's fine" The doctor answers.

"The baby" Her mum says.

"Baby?" The doctor asks looking from her mum to me.

"She's 2 months pregnant" I say. The trolley arrives and they put her on there.

"Who are you to her sir?" The doctor asks while they wheel Katie elsewhere in the hospital. I'm not leaving her side.

"I'm her husband, and the father of the baby" I say worried for Katie. They focus on helping Katie, they put an IV drip on and hook her up to the heart monitor.

"She's going to be ok, her heart rate is normal, as are her sats, it looks like she just passed out through something she doesn't often experience, she should wake up shortly" The doctor informs me. She hasn't been happy in a while, maybe that caused it, but what if she doesn't wake up?

"And if she doesn't wake up?" I ask worried.

"The chances of it coming to that are slim to 0, we're very confident that she'll wake up soon and wonder what happened" The doctor says.

"And the baby?" I ask worried for them both.

"Absolutely fine, what just happened hasn't caused any damage, it did get a little stressed but everything is good" The doctor says. What do I do? "You can talk to her if you want, she can hear you, don't worry, she will wake up" The doctor says. I walk over to her and sit beside her bed and hold her hand.

"So you've passed out, well, can you hurry up and wake up so I can stop worrying about you, your mum is worried, they say you'll be awake shortly and you'll be fine" I say to her as she lays there, unconscious. I look down, I feel guilty, but I don't know why, it's not like I knew what would happen when she got really happy, if I did I would have calmed her down.

"These lights, are blinding, what happened? Where am I?" I hear Katie's voice, I snap my head up and see she has woken up, thank god for that.

"You're awake" I say standing up so she can see me.