Chapter 9

It's getting cold out here, I really should get a better coat cause this one doesn't keep me warm. I'm walking home and I take some time to think about things, what I should have done last night at Daniels, I should have spoke and stood up to Emily, instead I coward out and left as soon as I could. I'm so pissed off at her for hurting him, both emotionally and physically, there was no need for her to do any of it. I swear if her see her again I will say or do something! It's not like I purposely married her boyfriend and purposely got pregnant by him, she had no right to do anything to him. I'm glad she did leave him, I don't think Daniel would have left her, he loved her a lot, perhaps too much to realise when she was doing wrong. He may not think it right now, but he is better off without her.

Oh, I'm home already, that was quick, I think.

"Hi mum" I call as I walk in the door.

"Hey Katie, I have something to tell you" Mum calls back, I put my bag down, I leave my coat on because I'm freezing.

"Is everything ok mum?" I ask a little concerned about what she's gotta tell me. I sit down on the sofa.

"Everything is great, at least it will be" Mum says sounding happy, but I can tell she's definitely drunk, like she hasn't stopped drinking at all today drunk.

"Mum you really need to at least cut down on the drink, being drunk whenever you can be isn't good for you, or me" I say, my concern for her grows everyday, even when I don't think about it.

"Yeah, anyway, I've got some good news" She says excitedly. Why don't I like where this is going?

"What is this good news?" I ask feeling like I'm gonna regret asking that.

"I have put you in for an arranged marriage" She says proudly. What? I look at her blankly, as if I didn't hear what she just said. "Well? Isn't that amazing news? You're gonna get married" She says all happy. Ok, time to speak up now.

"No" I say, is that it? So now every time someone says something shocking my voice box is gonna say two letter words is it? I hope not!

"What do you mean 'no'? I thought you'd be pleased to settle down with a guy" She says. Ok some times she can be really unpredictable, and this isn't funny, I know she doesn't know but I'm married, and it's illegal to get married to two different people.

"I mean no, I'm not getting married, n-o, no, it's not happening" I say to her, trying to make my point.

"You have to, they won't give me the money unless you do" She argues. She's selling me? Seriously? She's selling me? How could she? It's probably gonna go on a 'much needed' getaway and booze.

"How much are you selling me for?" I ask, I'm pissed off and upset, what kid wouldn't be.

"£50,000, which is a lot of money to lose" She says. 50K? Is that all I'm worth to her? What a cow!

"Well I guess you're gonna be kissing that money goodbye cause I'm not marrying anyone!" I say on the verge of yelling.

"To hell I am! You will marry this man and I will get that money" She argues.

"You know what? Fuck you! You don't care about me, you haven't cared about me ever since dad was shot and killed! You care more about yourself and your alcohol than you do me" I yell. WHACK! I'm on the floor, she punched me, my own mother just punched me in the face. My nose feels wet, great, it's bleeding.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! PACK A BAG AND LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK YOU FUCKING BITCH!" She shouts in rage. I waste no time in going upstairs and packing some clothes, belonging that are very important to me and my tooth brush, forgetting to clean up my nose. I'm going, I can't stand to live here anymore, I have cared for her like this for too long now, she's never gonna change, she never appreciates what I do for her, makes out I do nothing around the house when I do everything that she should be doing, I'm done, I'm never coming back here. I may be homeless but I can't be her slave anymore! I go downstairs and grab my bag for school, I may be homeless but I'm not ditching school.