Chapter 5

I find Alex, James and Chlo in 6th form and get a drink and some crisps from our machines and sit with them. I do feel bad for mine and Daniels situation, I never drink so much like what I seem to have done, I don't know why I did.

"What did Mr Radford want?" Alex asks me.

"Umm, nothing, just you know, my behaviour in the class was unacceptable blah blah" I lie.

"Well what was the point in telling you about your behaviour if you have a detention with him?" Chlo asks.

"Dunno, but I still have the detention" I say.

"I have to admit you were pretty badass with the comebacks in the lesson, I had to contain my laughter" James says while laughing.

"I'm glad you find me highly hilarious James" I say joking.

RIINNNNNGGGGGGGG

"Well, this break lasted long for me" I say sighing, I haven't even had time to eat my crisps or drink my drink, I guess I could speed eat and drink. We go to our next lesson which is boring as always. In about 6 hrs, which is actually only 3 or so, it is lunch time, me and the others get our food and sit down.

"There's Mr Radford" Chlo points out, I look over to where Chlo is looking and our eyes meet seeing as he was looking at me already, we quickly look away from each other.

"Great, my favourite teacher" I say sarcastically.

"Watch out, he's coming over with his tray" James says as he looks past me.

"Hello guys and girls" Mr Radford says.

"Hi sir" James replies.

"Alright sir" Chlo says.

"Yeah, Miss Williams, don't forget your detention after school" He says and slowly walks off with his tray of food.

"I wouldn't dare forget sir" I say sarcastically as he leaves making Alex laugh.

"I wonder if he heard that" Alex says.

"I couldn't care less if he heard it or not" I say. Soon but not soon enough the end of school bell rings.

"I'll see you tomorrow Katie" Alex says as he hugs me goodbye.

"Yeah, see ya" I say and he leaves. I guess I should go to this detention then, hopefully he won't be a jerk like in lesson. I walk to his room and think about knocking on his door, but I can't be bothered, he's expecting me so I'm just gonna walk in.

"Hello Katie" Mr Radford says.

"Hello and thanks for finally calling me by my first name" I say as I drop my bag to the floor and sit at a table.

"Well you don't seem to be a nuisance when you're not around your friends" He says and he stands up from his desk and leans on the one next to mine, folding his arms across his chest, frowning at me.

"What? So I'm a nuisance when I'm with my best friends?" I question.

"Yeah, you're a lot more, what word should I use, ahh, you're more sarcastic around them" He says.

"How am I more sarcastic when I'm around them?" I ask.

"Well, at least you didn't dare forget this detention" He says standing up straight putting his hands in his trouser pockets, still looking at me.

"You did hear it then" I realise.

"I thought you couldn't care less" He says, sarcastically.

"I only said that cause I didn't think you actually heard me sir, sorry" I say, how does this guy make me feel bad so easily, whatever I say or do doesn't seem bad at the time until he brings it up.