Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Katie, wake up, Katie" I hear as I'm sleeping, it brings me out of my dream and back to the real world, then all my memories come flooding back into mind, mine and mums argument yesterday, me being on the streets, Daniel taking me in, me opening up to him about what my life has been like for the last 4 years, how dad died while on duty, and then going to bed, I'm sleeping in Daniels bed while he slept in his spare room. After a few seconds of being called I open my eyes and see Daniel getting dressed for school in front of me, his trousers are on, he's buttoning up his shirt but hasn't got his tie on yet. I have to admit, Daniel looks really attractive right now, he still has bed hair which makes him look cute, wait no, I cannot think that, he's my teacher.

"Morning, what time is it?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

"6am, I've been awake for about 10 minutes, I thought about waking you sooner but you looked peaceful, like you hadn't slept properly for days" He says as he starts tying his tie, I sit up in his bed.

"I haven't slept properly since my dad died, cried myself to sleep every night for a month after he died, mum started drinking, she would wake me up at about 4am because of being drunk and I wouldn't be able to sleep after that until about 11 the next night" I say as he finishes with his tie and starts putting his shoes on.

"Well, you'll be getting plenty of rest while you're here, you need it" He says slipping his feet into his shoes.

"Thanks, how are you up so early? We didn't get to bed until about half 11 last night" I point out, I'm knackered and he looks like he's either been on lots of caffeine or slept for 12hrs.

"I've been to bed as late as about 1:30 and awake at 5:50, I'm used to it now since I started being a teacher" He says tying his laces.

"Fair enough, anyway, now that I'm pretty much awake, I'm gonna get up and dressed, you can sort out your bed hair, you can't go to school looking cute" I say, then realise what I just said, I practically called him cute. "Sorry I didn't mean-" He cuts me off.

"It's ok, I'm cool with it" He says making the situation less awkward so I smile at him. "I'll go downstairs and make us some breakfast while you get dressed, you fancy anything in particular to eat?" He asks.

"A bowl of cereal is good enough for me, if I can get it down without puking, it's what started me off puking the first time" I say.

"So whatever I make you're probably not gonna keep down" He says and I shrug at him. He leaves the room and I get dressed, I go to his bathroom and brush my teeth and I find a hairbrush in the cabinet, Emily must have forgotten to take it with her, oh well, I'm gonna use it now. Once I'm ready I go and find Daniel in the kitchen.

"It seems Emily left a hairbrush in your bathroom cabinet so I've used it, finders keepers, it's mine now" I say as I sit at his table with him, he's already eating his cereal.

"Fair enough, I don't think she'll be rushing back across the sea just to get it, you can have it" He says and takes another mouthful. "Eat your cereal" He says pointing at my bowl with his spoon. I smile at him and start eating it.

"What are we gonna do for school? I can't arrive with you, you know why, we'll get people thinking the wrong thing" I point out.

"True, I could drop you off down the road from school and you can walk in like usual" He says as I finish my cereal.

"Sounds like a plan, the cereal was nice, thanks for letting me have some" I say.

"It's no problem at all, and it didn't make you throw up" He points out. And here comes the sick feeling. I run to the toilet just in time for the puke to make its appearance. There's a knock on the door and I open it to let Daniel in. "I guess I spoke too soon" He says rubbing my back while I continue to puke. After a minute I stop puking.