Chapter 24

"Hey Katie" Alex says as he arrives at school, I'm on my phone.

"Hey Al, how are you?" I ask as we walk into school.

"I'm good, is that an IPhone 5 in your hands?" He asks pointing to the phone, I nod yes. "Why have you got an expensive phone?" He asks confused.

"I got it as a birthday present, I'm only 18 once" I say smiling.

"Who got it for you? It's not a cheap phone" He says opening a door for me.

"Just a member of family" I lie.

"Want my number?" He asks.

"Sure, I was gonna ask you anyway" I say. He tells me his number and I text him and he saves my number. We arrive in 6th form.

"Hey you two" James jumps up with Chlo.

"Hi guys" Chlo says.

"Hey guys" I say I put my bag on a seat and phone my phone in my pocket.

"Kate, is that an-" I interrupt James.

"IPhone 5? Yeah it is" I say.

"I'm not even gonna ask, but give me your number" Chlo says getting her phone. I give James and Chlo my number and they text me with theirs and I save it. I quickly glance at Alex who seems to be in deep thought, and looking nervous, he's looking at the floor.

"Alex, are you ok?" I ask pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, um, could we have a word in private please?" He asks. Oh yeah, I need to talk to him about the other night.

"Sure" I say and follow him round the corner.

"Um, do you remember anything that happened at the club?" He asks nervously.

"Yeah I do, I wasn't sure if you did" I admit.

"I am so sorry, I had way too much to drink, I shouldn't have tried to kiss you" He says.

"It's ok Alex, don't worry about it, I had too much to drink as well so if I didn't need the loo right then, I'd have probably gone along with it, I'm happy to just forget about it and move on" I say.

"Yeah sure, that'd be great" He says.

"Good" I say as I start to walk off.

"Katie wait, just one more thing" He says stopping me, I walk back to him.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Where did you go? I mean, you went to the toilet but you never came back, I did wait for you for about 20 minutes and figured you had gone" He says. Crap! Gotta lie again, I seem to lie a lot to him.

"I went home, I know it was my birthday but I felt bad for leaving my mum, I know I was drunk but I felt I should have been at home with her, sorry, I should have told you I was going, I blame the alcohol for that" I say. He looks like he wants to say something.

"Ok, awesome, as long as you were ok" He says. "Um" He says.

"Um what?" I ask.

"Oh, err, nothing, it's nothing" He says. Why do I get the feeling he is hiding something? Maybe I'm just thinking things, he would tell me if something's bothering him. I nod and go back to sit down.

RIINNNNNGGGGGGG

And now I stand back up, I grab my bag and we go to lesson. We have Maths, then break, Sports after along with Music and lunch. Now it's time for English with the one and only Mr Radford.