Chapter 35

Woo-Hoo. FTWW keeps climbing up the What’s Hot list! :D

I’m sorry if this chapter is kind of boring. It’s a lot of dialogue and not much really happens. But, I hope you still like it.

As a special treat, a POV I haven’t written from in a long time…

__________________________

Recap

“Ceci…”

It was his voice! He had called my name. It came out as a whisper, but I had heard it. I tried, fought to stay awake but my mind was already drifting off. Eddie was fading away. I struggled to reach out, to keep my grasp on the cave, on him, but I was fighting a losing battle. My mind was just too tired, too worn out. I wanted to cry, wanted to scream out in frustration, but nothing. I was too far gone. I dredged up memories of Eddie, let them flood my mind, in hopes of wakening myself back up. But those were instead the last images I saw before I fell completely asleep.

__________________________

Chapter 35

Eddie’s POV

Cold. Wet. Hungry. Achy. Ooh – definitely achy.

I groaned. Everything hurt. I was used to feeling sore after practice sometimes, especially when my were friends decided it would be fun to body check me against the boards over and over again. But not this sore. This felt like a throbbing ache that wasn’t going to go away anytime soon, which was troubling considering I healed quickly.

I looked around me. I was curled up on a floor somewhere but couldn’t make much out. Wherever I was, it was dark, very dark. There didn’t appear to be any source of natural light, which also meant that there wasn’t an easy way out of this place. I couldn’t be in the middle of nowhere though, so there must be some kind of door.

I had no idea where I was, but it definitely wasn’t home. Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore. How the hell had I ended up here? The last thing I remembered is rushing to the locker room to take a quick shower.

I shook my head. It still felt woozy, like a thick fog had settled in every crevice of my brain. My reaction could only mean one thing – I had been drugged. I didn’t know how or when it had happened, but it had. And whatever drug I had been given had been powerful. Weres didn’t react to drugs very well, and this one seemed like it was worse than what Ceci had been administered in the hospital after her fight with Amber.

Ceci.

She must be frantic with worry right now. I didn’t know precisely how long I’ve been out, but it had to have been at least a couple of hours, if not longer. God – I missed her. And I loved her. And I had to get out of here so that I could be by her side again.

I tried to pick myself up off of the cold, damp floor. My arms buckled under me though and I just managed to prevent myself from falling on my face. Frustrated, I huffed and tried again. I was able to get myself into a seated position, but it took a lot of effort. I could feel the sweat beading on my brow and my muscles strained in protest. That wasn’t a good sign. I didn’t want to admit it, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to rely on my strength or speed to get out of here, wherever here was.

I realized it was better to wait a few minutes before I even attempted to get up. If my arms felt like jelly, there was no way my legs were any better. I closed my eyes to think, to concentrate, to try and remember everything that had happened before I blacked out. If only I could recall something that might help me out of this situation.