Chapter 13

Thank you for the continued support! I hope you enjoy...

___________________________

Eddie’s POV

This kiss was different from our first. It was just as tender and sweet but also possessive and eager. There was only a short hesitation on both our parts before we gave in to the feelings aroused, both physical and emotional.

I have been regretting ending our first kiss so early that night at the dance. I had been too conscious of the stares on us, too frightened of my reaction to her – her body, her scent, her warmth, her lips. She was too alluring and it had gotten to be too much for me. I actually left the dance shortly after, trying to run away from the feelings she had awakened, feelings that I wasn’t ready to admit to or understand. But not this time. This time I wanted to savor her, savor the experience. She was finally starting to warm up to me and I didn’t want to let her go. I wanted, needed to feel her close to me. She was stressed out, scared, tired. And I could ease some of that load for her. 

My right hand was still cupping her face and I wrapped my left hand around her waist, drawing her in closer. Ceci shifted so that she was sitting practically in my lap, moving her arms so that they were around my neck. This was heaven. She was heaven. She fit so perfectly against my body and our lips moved in tune with one another.

I broke the kiss and she moaned in complaint. Her eyes were closed so I took the opportunity to lightly kiss both of her eyelids before moving down her face and neck, trailing kisses along the way. Both of us were breathing heavily and I could hear the rapid staccato of her heartbeat. She was beautiful.

I slowly tugged on the neck of her shirt to expose her shoulder and collarbone. I licked every crevice, every inch of skin, and lightly sucked once, twice. She tasted amazing – sweet with just a hint of tanginess. A low moan escaped from the back of my throat and I didn’t want to stop my exploration. Both of my hands found their way under her shirt. They skimmed her flat stomach before leisurely moving further up.

Ceci tensed up. I knew I was moving too fast but I couldn’t stop. I was too caught up in the scent and taste of her, the knowledge that she was my mate and she was here, with me. Ceci though unwound her arms from around my neck and gently pushed her hands against my chest. Startled out of my lust-filled fog, I opened my eyes to find her looking back at me, with just a hint of alarm and regret in her wide eyes.

I quickly pulled myself away from her and apologized. I had ruined it, ruined this perfect moment with her by demanding too much, too fast.

Ceci shook her head. “No, I should be the one apologizing. I just wasn’t expecting that. I’m not sure if it was too fast or if I’m just too slow, but yea, sorry.

She had mumbled the last bit and was now staring at her hands in her lap. She was embarrassed. I didn’t know what to say since I didn’t want to make her feel worse. I knew she didn’t have much dating experience so she probably thought I was frustrated with her. I didn’t have the best reputation after all.

“No worries. We can do this at whatever pace you’re comfortable with. I just want to be with you, even if we just sit here and talk.”

Ceci scoffed at that.

“I’m serious. I want to get to know you, all of you. I want to understand what makes you tick, what makes your eyes flare up in anger, what makes you smile. And we can take the physical knowing a step at a time. I’m not in a rush, Ceci.”

“Are you sure? Because I don’t think I can move at the speed you’re used to with other girls. It’s not that I don’t want to, necessarily.,” she said, as she looked up at me uncertainly before continuing, “It’s more that I’m just not comfortable with it for myself. I’m still too nervous around you. I wouldn’t know what to do.”