Chapter 29

Thanks for all of the love you’ve been sending my way! Here’s the next chapter… And please remember to comment/vote/fan! ^_^

Also, there’s some sexual content in this chapter, so…yea. You’ve been warned. (But seriously – if it’s too much, let me know so I can edit it. I don’t want to offend anyone, especially those with innocent eyes/minds.)

_______________________________

Recap

By the time we were done, it was dark out and all I wanted to do was crawl into my bed and sleep. Eddie must have felt the same way because he said good night to everyone and led me up the stairs. Once we were in my room, he turned me around to face him.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

_______________________________

Chapter 29

I nodded in reply. I had to do this. I had to finally get some peace in my life – not a fleeting one, but one that I knew wouldn’t be disturbed again by Amber. I needed to feel safe again. Sure, it had been easy to pretend that everything was all right, to even forget about this whole messed up situation. But that wasn’t the same thing as knowing that I absolutely didn’t have to look over my shoulder all the time, knowing that I wouldn’t have Brian or some other were watching my every move. I wanted to be greedy for once – to have the perfect life with the perfect boyfriend, to be a carefree teenager. I never thought it would be possible to actually want the monotonous drone of high school. But I did. Desperately.

Eddie sighed and put his chin on top of my head. The warmth of his body was reassuring, comforting. I knew that he was struggling with the idea, but I was determined to face Amber and finish whatever this was between us. It was getting a bit ridiculous – almost two months now since I changed and she started acting psycho. I didn’t want to continue like this, to have to worry about her popping up again whenever she felt like it.

It was strange. I wasn’t scared, not really anyway. I honestly was ready to fight, to do whatever it took to finally be rid of her, to protect Eddie, my family, my friends. I shuddered as the memory of our previous fight came flooding back to me, but I knew that I would do it again if it meant stopping her. I had won that fight, and I would win the next one if it came down to it. My lips set in a determined line – no way would I back down now.

After a few minutes of just allowing ourselves to be in the comfort of each other’s arms, Eddie pulled away slightly to look me in the face. “Bed?,” he asked.

I nodded slightly and we silently began our nightly routine, except Eddie didn’t leave the bathroom when I started to change into my pajamas. I glanced up at him, curious as to why he was still leaning against the doorjamb staring at me. Neither of us moved for a few heartbeats until he slowly began walking towards me, not breaking eye contact.

When he reached me, he lightly gripped the bottom of my sweater with both hands. In one fluid move, he pulled it off of me and then did the same with my tank top. I was so shocked that I wasn’t able to do anything except let him divest me of my clothes. Only when he began unzipping my jeans did I realize what was happening. He was undressing me. Without any prompting from me. Without being in the midst of a hot and heavy make out session. Without being in the cloud of lust that temporarily gave more control to his wolf than to his more careful human side.

Eddie slid my jeans down my legs, crouching down on the balls of his feet to help me pull my feet out. He looked up at me then and a gorgeous smile slowly spread across his face. It wasn’t the expression of desire I expected. This was more sensuous, more longing, more tender, more loving. I was standing in my bathroom in only my underwear and my mate was looking at me as if I were the most beautiful person in the world. It wasn’t about sex, it was love – clear and true and stunningly brilliant in its clarity. I could see it in his eyes, in the way they held my own instead of raking over my nearly naked body.