Chapter Twenty

Rick Flag led Task Force X into the main streets of Midway City. A city that used to be littered with people but has now mysteriously turned into a ghost town. "I have a bad feeling about this Flag!" Deadshot informs his leader.
"So do I," the Colonel said with a soft deep voice. They continued walking between overturn vehicles until something caught Deadshots attention, there was a whole lot of people up ahead. He ignored his sense and just kept calm.

Captain Boomerang whispers to Slipknot "Hey pal, I got a life I want to live outside of bars."
Slipknot nods and responds, "I understand man. I got my own hobbies to take care of."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah"
"Like what exactly, mate."
"Alright I'll tell you, but you can't tell another soul, you got me."
Captain Boomerang looked him dead in the eye and said, "Agreed."

Slipknot was about to reveal something that he has never told anyone else before and he didn't even know why, maybe it was because he knew he might die soon. "It all started back in high school, there was this girl that was pretty fuckin hot. So I decided to make a move on her and I asked her out. She rejected me in a very rude way, she said she would rather die than go out with me. I guess I took it as a challenge."

"What the hell does that mean?" Captain Boomerang knew that Slipknot had killed the girl but he just wanted to hear him say it.
"I murdered the bitch when she was walking home from school, then I dragged her dead body back to my house."
"Jesus Christ, don't tell me anymore, mate." Boomerang had heard enough.

Slipknot was a serial rapist, the disgusting bastard as Captain Boomerang now thought of him. He thought to himself that this man deserves to die and he is really no help to the group at all. He is a master with ropes. The Joker would find his super ability hilarious.

"So do you still do it?" Boomerang asked one more simple question that would either bring Slipknot his death or spare him. "Yeah. It's the only way I get off, aumbre" Slipknot answered.
"Mate, if I were to help you escape and we get the bloody hell out of here, could I get in on some of that?"
Boomerang set his little trap.
"Yeah let's do it," He answered.
"Alright. When I yell go, you swing to the high ground and fire at all the soldiers and Rick Flag."

Captain Boomerang knows that Slipknot has no chance and he will not help him. Rick Flag continued to guide the group down the Main Street and suddenly something jumped on top of Rick. Deadshot put three bullets in the back of the things head. The thing looked like a human but it didn't have any flesh. He didn't know what in the hell it was. "My god, what in the fuck is that thing?"
"Is it a zombie?" Diablo asked Deadshot as he squatted down to get a better look.
"No. It's not a zombie but it sure as hell ain't human." Deadshot answered as he looked up and saw hundreds more of those things approaching up the street. He should have listened to his sense. 
"Well... Shit..." Captain Boomerang says as he slides a boomerang out of a pouch on his leg.