Chapter Four

Amanda Waller sits at the table full of Gotham cities most powerful officials and greets them, "Good evening, gentlemen."
"Ms. Waller," the mayor greeted her back.
"Has anyone ordered yet?" Amanda Waller asks as if she was late for a first date.
The four men shook their heads no and they all picked up their menus and began browsing for possible meals to enjoy over this business meeting.

"Mm... The sterling house steak looks delicious. I believe that is what I will be having." Amanda Waller made her decision under her breath but loud enough for everyone to hear.
It was unspoken but clear to everyone that Ms. Waller was acting strange, she was acting very informal. They all ordered and once all the menus were taken away it was time to get down to business.

"Ms. Waller, do you care to explain why you have brought us here?" The newly elected District Attorney, that had replaced Harvey Dent, asked Amanda.
"I have assembled a task force of the most dangerous people on the planet, who I think can do some good."
"Why do you think you can control them?" The mayor asked.
"Because getting people to act against their own self interest is what I do for a living."
Commissioner Gordon also gets a question through to her, "How can they do good? They're bad guys."

Amanda looks up at Gordon and admires how good he worked with Batman but Batman is gone now, he has been murdered by the Joker.
"Exactly, they're the worst of the worst and if anything goes wrong we blame them. We have built in deniability. Plus I have my ways of persuasion. I put bombs in each of their necks and if any of them decide against me, I simply click a button and bye bye goes their head."

"Where did they come from?"
"I don't know, but maybe Superman was some kind of beacon for them to creep out from the shadows." Amanda answered back as their food finally arrived. Her steak was a monstrosity, she cut it and shoved a piece in her mouth and chewed it slowly to enjoy the juicy meat.

The mayor speaks up again, "Amanda, I just have one last question. Where are they now?"
Amanda swallows her food and grins a long narrow menacing grin, "Let's Just say I put 'em in a hole and through away the hole."