Chapter Thirteen

The elevator opened. The Jokers laugh echoed through the lobby. The Joker crouched behind the side of the elevator and started firing at them, not shooting at anyone specific. Deadshot fired at one of the henchmen and sent blood splattering on the elevator mirror behind them. Harley Quinn started shooting at the elevator also not aiming at anyone in particular. Deadshot, Rick Flag, Commissioner Gordon, and Harley Quinn split up and ran for cover as the other two henchmen opened fire.

The apocalypse now music continued playing and The Joker continued humming. Gordon jumped behind a leather couch and began reloading his gun. Harley hid behind a marble pillar and continued firing toward the elevator. The henchmen emptied their clips and hid behind the the door frame of the elevator. Deadshot began firing at them again. One of Deadshot's bullets bounce off of the wall of the elevator and hits The Joker in the right leg. "Ow! Wow! That hurt! That really hurt!"
Rick Flag was hiding behind a marble pillar opposite from the one Harley is taking cover behind. Rick Flag had a good angle and was able to get a clean headshot on one of the henchmen. He pulled the trigger. The henchman tumbled to the ground and splattered more blood on the mirror.

"Well I guess, Frank, It's just the two of us, now!" The Joker said to the last henchmen left. "I told you, boss, my name ain't Frank!" The henchman complained about in a very inappropriate situation. Gordon heard the gunfire settle and peeked up over the couch and then multiple gunshots hit the couch which made Gordon duck back down and the bullet holes appeared above the commissioner's head. He saw the holes and thought to himself 'I need to find better cover'. He began crawling toward a post and once he got there he stood up and returned fire.

Gordon remembered everything that The Joker has done, shooting his daughter, killing Batman and Robin. Gordon wanted to avenge all of them, this was his one chance to finally get rid of this monster. Gordon unloaded the clip at the elevator and ducked back behind the post. Deadshot, Harley, and Flag opened fire on the elevator. Bullets were pinging off of the metal sides and smashing the bloody mirror and The Joker sat behind cover waiting for his moment to strike. Harley's clips runs out, "Well, I guess that's it, I'm out of bullets," she said in her natural sassy attitude.

Fire continued on the elevator until Rick Flag ran out of bullets. Rick began reloading and then Deadshot stopped firing. Deadshot knew he was only wasting bullets. He came out of cover and ran against the wall slowly inching closer and closer to the elevator as he sticks to the wall like a ninja plotting a sneak attack. Rick finished reloading and gave Deadshot a nod that signified that he was covering him if he got into any trouble. Just then the glass from the front door shattered as bullets flew through it, more henchmen. "Oh, there you are, it took ya long enough!" The Joker says to his men that showed up a little late.
Deadshot hits the ground. "Noooo!!!" Rick yells as he begins shooting at the five henchmen.