Chapter Eighteen

"C'mon, Floyd. Wake up, man. Help is here. Get up!" Rick Flag attempted to get Deadshot awake. A helicopter above was blowing gusts of wind at them and when it finally landed on the heliport, Deadshot had opened his eyes and started getting up. "Christ. What's that guys deal with explosives!" He said as he brushed rubble of his shoulder while he is getting to his feet.

He cracked his neck and asked "Where's Gordon?"
Rick Flag answered his question, "Nightwing came and grabbed him, he will be okay."
Amanda Waller stepped down from the helicopter and was astonished by the destruction that was caused to this hotel. "Jesus, Rick this does not look good," she said as she walked toward them, her heels clicking against the cement roof, still being cautious.

"Where is the Commissioner?" Amanda asked Rick when she finally got to them. "He's safe now," Flag responded and the three of them walked toward the helicopter.
"I tracked Harley Quinn's implant and she is now headed for Midway City. I will give you the coordinates of her exact destination once we get there," Ms. Waller says while grabbing the handle on the helicopter and she stepped up and pulled herself in to the aircraft.
Rick followed behind her and Floyd after him.

The helicopter took off and when they went to sit down, the rest of Task Force X was strapped in as well. "What are they all doing here?" Rick asked Amanda.
"Well, Colonel, you are all going to Midway City. We don't know what The Joker will have planned so I thought it was necessary to assemble the whole Task Force."
The rest of the ride was silent except for the loud sound of the helicopter itself.

Rick started to think about Commissioner Gordon again. He was staring out the back window of the chopper and as he watched Gotham City quickly disappear from his view.
Killer Croc was chained to the wall of the chopper and his mouth was restrained with a metal piece covering half of his face. Everybody else was just being held by straps. Deadshot thought that it was unnecessary to put a mask and chains on Croc because he already has a bomb in his neck. That's motivation enough to not try and escape.

Once the helicopter landed they were all let out of the back latch. Amanda Waller took off as soon as they all got out. "Midway City? I always thought this place would be nicer." Boomerang says as he gazed upon the seemingly deserted city. "This isn't what I remember this City as," Colonel Flag said as he looked around him even more.
"What the hell has happened to this place?" He asked himself wondering why buildings had collapsed and the streets were full of dead people and flipped over cars.