Chapter Sixteen

They were only half way up and James Gordon was half way dead and Rick, was really out of breath. Deadshot took Gordon and they took turns taking the reminiscing, dying old man.
"Seriously, just leave me.... He's getting away!"
Deadshot shook his head no and started running as fast as he could up the stairs. Following the clicking of The Jokers purple boots. Following the laughter.

"You have to get Harley. Please just leave me!" The commissioner begged for the assassin to leave him behind. But Deadshot promised himself to never leave a man behind, but Floyd is a different man. Floyd can go save his teammate to look good. Floyd doesn't really care if this old man dies.

Rick Flag finally catches up and he offers to take the commissioner back. Deadshot quickly passed him back. Now he was free to do what was Nesessary. He began jolting up the stairs and the Jokers laughter started getting closer and closer to him. He kept going until he heard The Joker open and close the top floor doors. Deadshot began put maximum effort into running up the stairs. He pulls two pistols out of their holsters and cock them as he gets to the top floor. And their was the door. He didn't even think to see if the door was unlocked. He shot the key hole and know and both of the sides of the door.

"Ahahaha ha!!! It's open, Dummy!" Harley Quinn says like a cute little girl from kindergarten. He opens the door and the next thing he knew was flying backward and getting knocked out. Rick hears an explosion from above and looks at Commissioner Gordon, who is now unconscious. "Jim! Come on Jim!" Rick picks him up and starts running to the top and then he could smell smoke. "Deadshot! Are you alright?!" He sets Gordon down.
As the smoke began to clear, Deadshot is unconscious in the corner. "Oh, thank Christ!" Rick says as he unholsters his gun. He quickly stomped out a flame as he turned the corner with his .33 Magnum. "You are just making it harder on yourself there, clownface." The trigger pulls and puts a hole in the Jokers left arm.
"Ahhhh! Ahahahahahaha!" The Joker felt no pain. Harley Quinn jumped in the helicopter happily.

The Joker aimed at Rick Flag and fired at his arm. The bullet knocked the gun out of his hand. Colonel Flag quickly ducked back for it and he squatted beside Deadshot. Rick unloaded his clip at the helicopter.
They got away.
"Fuck! They got away!"

Ring! Ring! Ring! It was Deadshots Bluetooth ringing. Ring! Ring! Rick took it off of his ear and quickly put on his own and the answered the call. "Deadshot, Is the Joked terminated?" Amanda asks very seriously.
"Mrs. Waller, this is Colonel Rick Flag. Look, I have some bad news."
"What!? What happened?"
"Well, Commissioner James Gordon was shot and he is currently unconscious. Deadshot is also unconscious due to a grenade, I believe."
"And... Harley Quinn? What about her?" Amanda asks.
"Well, she is uh... on The Jokers helicopter."

Amanda then went to speak to someone. "What do you mean? so she is in a helicopter with The Joker?"
"Afirmative."
"Brace yourself! We are gonna detonate her implant!" Amanda said as she picks up the detonator and holds it like a toy in her hands.
"No! Don't do it. We can still keep her alive! Give me 48 hours to find them. Please."
"Fine. You have 48 hours." She hung up almost imediatly after.

"Wait! No. Commissioner Gordon needs help! I repeat James Gordon is down!" Rick yelled out, hoping someone would help. A man than jumped down. He was dressed in a black and blue suit and had a small black mask. It was Nightwing.

"Please. Help him."
Nightwing walked over to Jim Gordon and picked him up and he disappeared with him in the heroes arms.
"Floyd."
As Floyd drifted in his dream he remembered everything that happened before. He remembered when he was just a kid.
"Stay with me, man."