Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Someone screamed waking me from my slumber. I groaned opening my eyes slowly. Before slamming my head back into the pillow.

"No get up!" Someone said ripping the blanket off my freezing body leaving my curled up in a ball.

"Please leave me alone it's like 2 in the morning." I complain looking at the clock.

"Actually its 7 in the morning, but other than that Come on. We have a lot planned for today!" Alex whined pulling at my leg. I let out a sly smile.

"Can I at least sleep for another hour?" I asked looking at the two boys infront of me.

"No." Austin said before he and Alex walk out. I groaned getting up again at Seven on a Saturday in the flipping morning!

This better be good.

I hop into the shower letting the warm water pierce my cold skin like bullets. When I'm finished I hop out and wrap a towel around my body and finished getting ready in a pair of black leggings and a superman sweater with black uggs.

I walked downstairs to see Austin and Alex sitting on their phones. Typical.

"Are you ready?" I asked as their heads shot up. They nodded quickly before walking out to Austin's car. "Where are we going?" I asked as we pulled out of the drive way.

"It's a surprise." Austin winked at me from the side. I laughed slightly.

After what felt like eternity, we are finally here.

"Where are we?" I asked as we walked up to a very nice looking house. They both ignore my question and continue to the door.

"Hey guys!" A guy that looked familiar said giving a bro hug to Austin and Alex.

"Hailey! Happy birthday." Someone said. Zach.

"Zach!" I said hugging him tightly. He chuckled lightly hugging me back before we walked inside. I follow them to a very large game room. Zach sent Austin a look as he took my hand.

"Where are we-"

"Don't question me." He said shaking his head at me. I rolled my eyes walking back to the car.

"What was the point in going in there if we were coming right back?" I asked

Rubbing my palms against my legs trying to bring warmth, did I mention it like the middle of fall, and it's freezing!

"Relax Hailey." Austin said squeezing my knee looking over at me quickly before looking back at the road. I laid my head back as sleep hit me like a brick wall.

"Go to sleep. I'll wake you when we get there." He said. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into a dreamless sleep.

***

"Hailey." Austin said shaking my shoulder slightly. I open my eyes to private lake.

"Austin you didn't have to"

"I did so get over it." He said before getting out and opening my door. I give him a smile as he takes my hand. A slight blush creeps to my cheeks as we walk out on the dock with a small blanket set up with candles lit.

"Austin. Its beautiful." I sit with my legs crossed looking out over the water as the sun sets.

I watched as the sun slowly sat in the distance in awe. I turned to see Austin already looking at me.

"I know we haven't known each other long but." He said shifting to look in my eyes. "uhh.. Never mind. I frowned slightly before turning my attention back to the sunset.

***

"We should probably get going" Austin said helping me up from my spot. I slipped and landed straight in the freezing water. I quickly got out my teeth chattering from the water. He took off his jacket handing it to me as we walked to his car. He turned to heater up to warm me up. I smiled thanking him mentally. I sigh looking out the window as the world passes before my eyes. I feel a hand on my leg. I look over to see Austin smile at me.

"We're home" He said helping me out as we walked inside.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone screamed. I saw the crew, Mama Mahone, Brylee, Aunt lisa, and that was about it.

"Thank you." I smiled at everyone. "I'm going to change into some warmer clothes. I said scurrying up the stairs. I changed into a pair of sweats and through a hoodie on. I put my hair in a messy bun. I sat down forgetting people where downstairs and drifted to sleep.

*Austin's POV*

"What's taking her so long?" Brylee whined. I stood up going to check on her. I found her room and knocked quietly.

No answer.

I sighed walking in to see her curled up in a ball underneath her blanket fast asleep. I smile kissing her forehead. I walk out turning the light off as I go.

"She's asleep." I say chuckling a bit.

"Why don't you boys just stay here and we will open presents tomorrow." Lisa said. We all nodded as she took Brylee away to her room.

"Austin you be good." Mom said. I groaned.

"Mom I'll be fine." She rolled her eyes before walking upstairs. I laid on the couch underneath the warm blankets as I drifted into a deep slumber.

***

"Psst, Austin" a voice called waking me. I opened my eyes to see a very pale Hailey.

"Whats wrong?" I asked sitting up. I felt her forehead. "You're burning up." I said helping her sit down.

"I feel like crap." She mumbles snuggling into my side. I laughed slightly.

"Go back to sleep." I whisper to her. She nods her head closing her eyes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Happy Saturday! (;

Thank You guys so much for getting me to 1k Reads! I love you guys so much!

Anyways. If you want an early update I need at least 5 votes. If not.. You will wait till next saturday!

Love you guys!

Muah XOXO (;

"For all Have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. but by the free gift of God's grace all are put right with him through Christ Jesus, Who set them free" Romans 3:23