Chapter XXIII - Just like last years' fruitcake

Chapter XXIII - Just like last years’ fruitcake

“Never put people onto a high pedestal, that way they can never disappoint you” -Makeandoffer: The End of Summer

July 2015

Elijah’s POV

“Holy shit this better work out because if it don’t; its on your asses, not mine” I state slapping both Damon and Carters back as we walk back from the dock at their old place.

“You ain’t kidding, I cannot believe it’s taken us this long just to get everything ready.” Damon says wiping the sweat from his forehead, slicking it to the ground.

“Dude you smell like a wet dog, are you a werewolf?” Carter says practically sniffing me, then sniffing himself.

I raise an eyebrow at him, he is very strange “yeah i’m totally a werewolf and if you don’t stop sniffing me, i’m going to go all wolf like and eat you” I say sarcastically with an eyeroll as Damon coughs to cover his laughing.

Carter visibly gups and takes about 3 steps back, his eyes wide. “I could kick your ass, or shoot it. Hey does that mean you have urges when driving down the road to stick your head out the window with your tongue flapping in the wind?” he asks all of a sudden.

I can’t help it, I burst out laughing along with Damon who gives up onto trying to hide his laughing.

Once I calm down I pat him on his back, still red faced “No i’m not a werewolf, and that is by far the dumbest yet hilarious question i’ve ever heard.” I say trying to calm down.

“Well it’s an honest question I have, I mean if you think about it they are like, you know, like, dogs, so like, yeah. We all need showers, we reak just like last years’ fruitcake” He says in the most serious tone i’ve ever heard him use.

By this point Damon and I look at each other and laugh even harder, so hard we’re almost on the ground pissing ourselves with laughter.

“He said like, like a thousand times” Damon chokes out between laughter.

By this point Carter looks like he’s about ready to murder the both of us “alright guys, har har har we’ve had our laughs now, knock it off.”

After we calm down, which takes about 10 minutes, Carter is setting on top of the wooden railing of the fence, chin his hand looking like a school boy who got in trouble.

“My stomach hurts, I swear I have a 6 pack atop of my 6 pack” Damon whines lying onto his back in the grass holding his stomach.

“Serves you right assholes.” Carter says jumping down from the fence, kicking Damon’s butt and smacking me round the back of my head.