Chapter 1: All Alone?

3 years before they enter the academy.

Sasuke pov

As I sat next to Itachi on the playground, I heard kids my age talking about a girl. Sakura Haruno. I glanced up and saw a boy with lavender eyes conversing with a girl that had two buns in her hair.

"Yeah, her parents were murdered by two bandits. And to top it off, she has that monster inside of her that slaughtered our ninja."

"Hmm..I wonder how she is.."

"Of course she's not okay, Tenten!"

"Sorry, Neji." Tenten said.

"That poor girl", continued Neji."She's 6 years old! Even if she is a monster!"

They both glanced at a small pink-haired girl that was alone next to the monkey bars.

Slowly she turned around, and I made eye contact with her emerald eyes. She was wearing a red dress with slits with a white circle on the back(I'm guessing that is her clan symbol), and black shorts underneath. Then she turned entirely to look at Neji and Tenten, who immediately stiffened.

She sneered at them with a look of annoyance. Her eyes gleamed with confidence. Then she said, "Don't give me your pity. I'll be recognized as one of the best kunoichi in this village, even if I have to do it all by myself. Even if everyone hates me for being a jinchuriki! And by the way, it's not my fault. Do you think if I had a choice, I would carry the nine tails?" And with that, she made a few hand signs and disappeared, leaving flower petals blowing away in the wind.

I looked at Itachi only to find his eyes widened. Then he chuckled and said to me,"She certainly is an interesting one, hm?" I nodded and thought to myself. Sakura Haruno...