Ch. 9 ~His Maiden, Came to Be~

The night was long as the Trancy Ball went by slowly. It finally came to end, and Ciel was glad and eager to leave. The rest of the friends left and the servants drove Sebastian, Mystery, and Ciel home. Ciel hadn't said a word during the whole trip and Sebastian and Mystery were silent as well. Each of them were deeply thinking. Ciel had his mind on Alois and planned on killing him. Sebastian glared when his thoughts were on Claude; that butler was trouble for him and was on the risk of killing him. Mystery however thought of all the events. 

 During the rest of the ball, she noticed that the Earl Trancy was trying to get... close with her, but not in a love or lustful way. What did that kid want from her? Alois talked with her more and he had smiled in her presence. Sebastian had noticed the boy near his mate and only narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Not only that, she was also nervous about Claude and those other demon servants. 

 They got back to the mansion late at night. The servants yawned and dragged themselves to their beds, while Sebastian got Ciel ready for bed. After Mystery had said her good nights to the other servants and her brother, she went into her room. She sighed once she closed her door. She changed into her night gown and laid in her soft bed. She wrapped the thin sheet up to her waist and closed her eyes. Even though demons didn't sleep, Mystery still rested her eyes and wanted to act to be asleep, just like when she was human...

 Sebastian had just left Ciel's room, and he carried the lit candle down the dark hallways. Everything was silent but his footsteps. He wouldn't be visiting Mystery tonight. He knew she was in deep thought and needed rest. They all did. 

 Sebastian continued to walk through the dark mansion. His thoughts trailed off to where it started. How he claimed Mystery to be his mate. And how... she was turned into a demon...

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 It all happened on that day. November 4. Mystery's birthday. The day she turned eighteen years old and she was destined to choose a path. She had almost been lost by the evil angel known as Ashe or Angela. But Sebastian had killed the Massacre Angel, saving Mystery and completed Ciel's revenge. 

 The smoke had just cleared out after Sebastian was angered and made the ruins crack and crumble. He calmed himself for a minute, while Ciel's soulless body still laid on the bench. Sebastian looked behind him at Ciel and narrowed his eyes when he saw the crow was gone. It must have known the meal was cancelled. 

 Sebastian had left Ciel and he walked back to the place where he left Mystery. She still laid down in the grass, asleep. She was still in nothing but her red cloak wrapped around her. The wound in her stomach was deep and it still bled. Sebastian had fought his urges as he approached her. He had kneeled down to her side and moved a strand of hair from her face. The touch caused Mystery to weakly wake up. She looked up at Sebastian and he could only give her a loving look. 

 "S-Sebastian... what happened? And where's-?" Mystery asked but seeing Sebastian's expression made her realize. "He's gone... isn't he?" she asked softly, with tears in the corner of her eyes. Sebastian was silent. "Not exactly...." Mystery looked at him questionably. "I'll explain soon, but first... we have to talk" Sebastian says and Mystery agrees with him. 

 Sebastian held her in his arms and as Mystery rested against him, Sebastian prepared for what was to come. "Mystery... we've been together for a while and I had saved you all the times your life was in danger. Do you know exactly why?" he asks and Mystery thought about it but ended up shaking her head no. "We have certain feelings for each other.... What I am saying is to me as a demon, I had chosen you as my mate." "So... you want me to stay with you until I'm old aged I die?" Mystery asked. "That''s what I wanted to discuss with you," Sebastian starts, "I want my mate to be with me forever. You are the only precious being to me. While you were asleep, Ciel had told you he wanted you to live in happiness. If your happiness lies with being with me forever... then I must turn you into a demon."

 Mystery looked at him surprised. "A demon?" "Yes. I deeply want you to choose my offer, but... it's your decision. However, if you stay human, that wound is slowly killing you." Sebastian said. "So, I'll die from this wound if I'm still human... " They both stayed silent. Mystery thought hard on this. Staying human, she would die from the wound. If she turned into a demon, she could be with Sebastian forever, the wound would heal, but she would lose Ciel either way....

 "Sebastian...?" Mystery's soft voice said and Sebastian glanced at her. "I want... you to turn me into a demon..." "Are you sure? There's no going back." he says. Mystery nodded her head and Sebastian lightly smiled. "Alright" he said then kissed the side of her head.

 Sebastian explained to her what would happen. He would first mark her as his mate and then he would change her into a demon which which will be painful. And after that, it would take a decent time for the demon venom to spread throughout the whole body and change. So it would cause Mystery to be in a deep sleep for a few days. 

 "Are you ready?" Sebastian asked. "...Yes" Mystery said softly. Sebastian smirked and leaned down to the back of her neck. He revealed his sharp fangs and pierced her skin. Mystery faintly whimpered and ignored the slight sting. She could feel her blood dripping down, but Sebastian had licked it off. The mark made part of her neck sore but she didn't complain. She was laid down in the grass and Sebastian hovered over her. His eyes glowed and stared in Mystery's eyes. After that, it'll turned into a blur and as she slowly changed, Mystery felt the intense burning and fought against it. She then fell into the darkness of sleep, knowing Sebastian would take care of her...

 Sebastian had found a new white dress for Mystery to wear, not wanting to let her just wear her red cloak. As Mystery was knocked out from the venom, he carried her and went back to Ciel and carried him also. Now Sebastian needed to plan on how he would get Ciel's soul back.

 By the time it was night time, Sebastian had laid Ciel in the alley. Sebastian, carrying Mystery's sleeping form, entered the Undertaker shop. Undertaker was reading a strange book to a girl who had cat ears and a tail. The both them look up when then they heard Sebastian come in. The cat girl stepped back in shyness and Undertaker grinned widely. "Ah, well if it is the Phantomhive butler! What's brings you here to my shop?" he asks walking to him. "I know! You need some information, well I'll help you out but it'll cost a laugh! He he he!" Undertaker said.

 "I have come to ask a favor," Sebastian says making Undertaker frown and tilt his head to the side. "Oh, my my, now that's different." Undertaker said. "I need you to keep Mystery here while I'm out taking care of some things" Sebastian said. "Oh, well I can handle that. Evangeline," Undertaker called for her. The cat girl came to his side but still distanced herself from Sebastian. "Ah, a cat demon. I didn't know you would hire a demon as a worker, Undertaker" Sebastian says. "Yes, she is a really hard worker. Evangeline this is Sebastian, the butler. And Sebastian this is Evangeline." Undertaker said. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Evangeline" Sebastian says smiling. "Um... yes. Nice to meet you to" Evangeline said shyly.

 "So, what's wrong with our Red Riding Hood girl?" Undertaker asked looking down at Mystery. "Nothing's wrong. She just needs to get a lot of rest." Sebastian said. Evangeline looked at Mystery and being a demon, she knew that this girl was in the process of becoming a demon, and Undertaker knew as well. "Well then, we shouldn't disturb her." Undertaker said while smirking. 

 Undertaker led them to a coffin, where Mystery would sleep. Sebastian also asked for another favor and Evangeline took care of it. The request was to place crow feathers in the coffin, so Mystery could feel a piece of Sebastian while he was away. Sebastian carefully placed her in the coffin and the soft black feathers made her more comfortable. "Now that should do it." Undertaker said. "Undertaker, you have my thanks. I'll pay whatever you want after I get back." Sebastian says. "Oh you already know what I want. A good laugh as always" Undertaker said smirking.

 Sebastian gave Mystery a kiss before he left the shop. He came back to the alley and had packed Ciel in the large trunk he had gotten. He then planned and traveled to the where his next target was. The Trancy Estate...

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 That moment was special. Mystery being turned into a demon made him happy for once in his long life time. Now Claude was an obstacle of taking Sebastian's happiness from him. Sebastian now entered his bedroom and gazed out his window. Sebastian was certain everything would go to his plans. He would have Mystery forever, eat Ciel's soul and end Claude's life. 

 Sebastian was very well prepared. Sebastian blew out the candles and everything turned pitch black...