Chapter 19

Chapter 19
Bleu
"Tell me something about yourself," I asked, while drawing circles around Graham's crescent moon and star tattoo.
I lied in the crook of Graham's arm as he lied half asleep next to me.
"Like what?" He asked, running his hand through my hair.
"Anything. I want to know everything about you."
He frowned, "I thought you already did. You know, werewolf, Royal family, got three older brothers and twin sister."
"Yeah, but not the important things. I want to know what makes your heart race, what -,"
Screams and giggles erupted from my chest when Graham pounced on top of me, his lips automatically going to my nipples.
"Besides that," I giggled, pulling him off before he returned to his first position next to me, "What are you afraid of Graham?"
He frowned, "water. I told you that didn't I?"
I nodded, remembering, "Just water."
"Aye, and spiders kind of give me the creeps. Things shouldn't have eight legs you know."
"What about octopuses? What do you have against them?"
"Octopuses have tentacles and live in the ocean which is four hours away. So they have a pass."
I giggled, shaking my head at him, "what else? What do you love?"
Before I knew it, Graham's lip were on mine and his tongue was trying to invade.
"Gra-am," I groaned, pulling him off me, "can't you ever be serious?"
"I am bein' serious. I love you," he announced.
"You can't just love me," I told him.
"Sure I can. It just means that every bit of love I have goes to you and you only. You should be happy."
"I just don't think it's humanly possible that you can only love one thing."
"Well I'm not human."
I looked at him dumbly, "you know what I mean. What are you interested in?"
Just as he opened his mouth, I stopped him, "and it can't be me."
He groaned, annoyed but his smile told a different story.
"I use to draw," he stated, surprising me that he had actually told me, "It was just somethin' that I did."
"What did you use to draw?" I asked.
He shrugged, "Anythin'. Mostly sketches of demons and thin's like that. You know, because my life is full of them."
"Why did you stop?" I asked.
"My parents died."
My mouth dropped.
Oh damn.
How could I forget?
"Oh, Gra. I'm so –."
"Sorry," he finished for me, "What for? That's the life we live, isn't it? I mean, can't really expect to die old."
I frowned, not recognising this side of him. The way he spoke was like he didn't care about anything. Like he didn't care that his parents were dead or that death didn't even scare him.
"Is that how you see it?" I asked.
"See what? Death?"
I nodded, "I mean, you seem like death doesn't bother you."
"That's because it doesn't."
My mouth dropped. I tried to form words but I couldn't. Death was horrible. It's scary and sad and yes, it might be a part of life but that doesn't mean that it should just easily be accepted.
At my silence, Graham groaned and sat up.
"See, I knew this would happen," he snapped, scooping up his sweat pants.
"What?" I asked, "I'm just shocked. You're so...desensitize."
"Yeah, that's because I've seen a lot of death," he admitted, not looking at me, "Did you know that half the lads I hang out with have lost at least one family member?" just as I opened my mouth to apologise, he continued, "Look, I'm sorry, I'm just –."
"It's okay," I buttered in, crawling over to him, cupping my hand on his shoulder, "I understand."
His whole body tensed as I kissed the small bone that popped out of his shoulder and made my way to his neck.
"Thank you for being honest," I mumbled against his skin.
"Was I honest?" he asked.
I guess in a way he had been.
"You didn't try and hide what was going through your head. So, yeah, you were honest."
He chuckled as I ran my hand through his hair.
"I really like that," he groaned, tilting his head back on my shoulder, "it's strange. I never liked people runnin' their hands through my hair but when you do it, it's..." he groaned again making me giggle, "everythin' is different when you do it."
"What was sex, normally, like for you?" I asked, swallowing at the words.
"Are you askin' what sex was like for me with other girls?" He frowned.
I bit my lip, embarrassed, but I was.
"Ah, empty," he admitted, "there was no spark."
"And with me there is?" I asked.
"There's fireworks with you," he announced, turning around and knocking me to the bed.
I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Hey, so what do you want to do today?"
I frowned at his sudden change of subject but just answered, "actually, I was going to hang out with the girls. Why, what did you have planned?"
"Well, a little of this," he mumbled, nibbling at my neck.
I giggled feeling shocks run all through my body.
"But I promised the girls," I said, keeping strong.
Graham pulled back with a frown, "so you would rather hang out with my sisters than me."
"I want to fit in," I told him.
"Well didn't high school teach you that the best way of fittin' in is to sleep with the hottest lad in your year? I think we can all agree that, that's me."
I giggled at him but my mind was made up.
"How about afterwards, we come back here and I make up for lost time?"
That brought a smile to face and I knew I was forgiven.