Chapter 16

Chapter 16
Graham
"So what's exactly goin' to happen here?" I asked as I lit the fire in my room.
Bleu sat not far from me on the floor, looking through Moira's grimoire. With the lights off, it became a very romantic setting. And yet romance was far from my mind.
Bleu and I had had our little moment where she confessed that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me but now it was time to focus. Oh, who was I kidding? I couldn't stop thinking about it.
She actually wanted to stay. My mate wanted to be with me. She didn't want me to change, she just wanted me. And this was after I told her my family's darkest moments.
"I'm going to draw energy from the fire and from you and see if I can lift the feathers."
I nodded, joining her on the floor. It was a simple spell for beginners but I guess until she was in control, she was a beginner too.
"Okay, do I just hold my hands out?" I asked, holding my hands out, my palms facing the roof.
Bleu nodded, hovering her hands above mine.
I waited for her to chant in a different language, but she didn't. It wasn't long till the pile of feather were airborne and floating.
It was only now that I was realizing her power. She could send fifty feathers hovering in the air just by her mind, then what else was she capable of. Hell, it was a simple spell, but still.
Dropping the feathers, Bleu huffed, "what's next?"
"That's it?" I asked.
She nodded, "yep."
Flicking through a couple of pages, she stopped at one that brought a smile to her face.
"Do you have a piece of paper?" She asked.
I nodded and stood in search for one on my chest-of-draws. Finding one, I returned to her on the floor. She took it from my hands and crumbled it into a ball.
"Inducam in ignem inferunt ignes. Inducam in ignem inferunt ignes."
And with that, the paper lit up into flames.
"Hey!" I yelled, knocking it out of her hands before it was caught in the flames of the fire place.
"What?" Bleu asked, annoyed that I had stopped her, "it was working."
"Aye, and in the process you were goin' to hurt yourself."
"Graham, I thought we were doin' this my way?" She asked.
"No flames, nothin' that will hurt you," I told her.
She rolled her eyes, "Graham, it wasn't going to hurt me."
I narrowed my eyes at her, warning her to test me. She just shook her head and sighed.
"Fine, whatever," she huffed, flicking through a couple more pages, "Would you like to choose then?"
"Assumin' that I know any," I said, shifting over to her.
She smiled, "I know that you know a lot about magic than you let on, right?"
I smiled, proud that she had guessed right, "You're smarter than you look Little Witch."
She shrugged, "I try. Which one do you want to do?"
I peered over the book and flicked a couple of pages till I found one.
"This one," I told her.
She looked at it and smiled.
"Name one thing in this room," she said, biting back her giggles.
I chuckled and reached out to take her hip before she slapped my hand away.
"Not me," she giggled, "An object."
I chuckled, looking around the room. There wasn't many things that I wanted in this room, but this was a game after all.
"Okay, I've been meanin' to give these back to Allie. I want Allie's slippers."
Bleu frowned but then nodded and closed her eyes.
I expected a chant but in no time, Allie's wolf slippers burst from my closed closest. I turned and smiled at the sight of them, once again surprised by my witch's power.
"I'm almost afraid to ask why you have stolen your sister's slippers," she said with a little giggle.
I shrugged, "She was annoyin' me one day so I stole them."
"I'm guessing it's not the only thing that you've stolen over the years," she guessed.
I shook my head, "To be fair, I learnt it from her."
She frowned, "What do you mean?"
"Well, Allie got pretty good at snatchin' thin's. It was mostly just books for Malcolm, but aye, I had seen her snatch thin's so often that I started doin' it myself."
She laughed which made me confused.
"Why are you laughin'?" I asked, "Shouldn't you hate the fact that I'm a thief?"
She shrugged, "Maybe. I use to make people trip over nothing just to watch them fall."
I chuckled, "Naughty Little Witch."
She nodded, "See, I'm not that innocent."
"Oh you're innocent," I told her, "You're just not as innocent as I thought you were."
"I don't want to be innocent," she admitted.
She seemed to regret it as soon as she said it, coughing and turning back to the grimoire.
"Just from personal experience, how did you stay away from...men, I guess?" I asked, trying not to seem jealous though I didn't know why I would be. I didn't have any competition.
"Any man that I was around was apart of my coven and I saw them as brothers, not boyfriends. And I didn't leave the coven much so my chance of meetin' someone was limited."
"Why didn't you leave the coven?" I asked.
"I wasn't allowed," she told me, "Mamma and Pappa said that I needed to be protected."
I frowned, "Why? Why would you listen to them?"
She shrugged, "They were my parents. They know what's best for me."
"But, parents don't always know what's best. Did you ever think of not doin' what they told you?"
She shook her head, "Why would I do that?"
"I don't know, what if you wanted somethin' that they wouldn't let you have?"
"I don't want anythin'."
"Oh," I said, a little hurt that she didn't say me, "Not even, say, a handsome Scottish devil with a smashin' smile."
She giggled, giving me that cute pout, "I guess I do want one thing."
"Really, just one thin'?" I asked her, trying to catch her in a trap that would bring colour to her cheeks.
She bit her lip, trying to convince herself that she didn't want another thing.
"Can I try another thin'?" I asked clawing over to her.
She stayed still till I was kneeling in front of her and cupped her nape in my hand.
Just as I went to kiss those lips of hers, she stopped me, "Graham."
I froze, not wanting to scare her further.
It was the smallest touch that I felt like I had imagined it. But then I felt it again and again. The soft, tender touch of those lips that I dreamed about. That I had been aching to have between my own lips ever since I found her in the rain.
Just as she was about to stop, I latched on hard. I forced her lips to open but once she knew what to do, I was welcomed in her mouth. God, she was barely doin' anything and yet, I couldn't get enough of her. I continued to yearn for the touch of her tongue against mine as I clutched her body tight in my arms.
Taking a small breather, I ran my fingers through her long hair, still keeping close to those lips.
"Wow," she breathed, "Is that what being kissed feels like?"
"Oh, Honey, if only you know what lovin' me feels like," I chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear.
"I want to know," she said sounding like a child, before pecking my lips.
I smiled, liking the sound of that, "I want to show you. You just tell me when."
She nodded, knocking my nose in the process.
"It might be sooner than you think. I don't have that much self-control."
"Well I don't have any," I said making her laugh, "But I mean it Bleu. I'm yours when you want me."
"And I'm yours when you want me."
I chuckled knowing how wrong she was.
"Oh, Little Witch. I'll always want you."