Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Bleu
I woke up, trapped in the arms of Graham. After waking up from my nightmare, he had somehow coached me back to sleep but now his arms were locked tight around my body. Not to mention that I had blown my cover. Not only did I tell him my name but now he knew that I could speak English.
I needed a plan.
I didn't know much about Graham, actually I didn't know anything about him besides from his name and the fact that he was a werewolf. But I needed to convince him to take me back to Paris to my family. I'm sure there would be something in it for him. Perhaps, I could offer him money. My coven was the richest in France, I'm sure my parents could pay him for bringing me back safely.
But still locked in his grip, I doubt he would give me up.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't me. I wished I didn't have this much magic that made me such an object for power-hungry people. I wished that I was just someone normal. Even being a powerless human would be better than this.
This wasn't part of the plan. None of it was. I didn't plan to be taken by Harrison to be used as weapon. I didn't plan on hurting every person I was forced to hurt. And I definitely didn't plan on being taken captive, again, by another werewolf.
My thoughts stopped when Graham groaned, slowly waking. I froze when I felt the warm touch of his nose, nuzzling at the back of my neck through my hair. I bit my lip feeling the motion both relaxing and tensing at the same time.
It was only now that I realized how much I had been missed over these past couple of years. I mean, boys weren't on my daily list of jobs but I had always thought by the time I was twenty-one I would have had some relationship with a boy. But I had had none. I hadn't even been kissed by one.
"Why, are you so tense?" Graham groaned, moving up on his elbows so that he could look down on me.
I bit my lip and forced myself not to look at him. He didn't help the situation when he tucked my hair behind my ear, the touch of his fingers against my cheeks making my heart race.
"Why is your heart racin'?" He asked.
I bit my lip harder, squeezing my eyes shut.
"I know you understand English so you can't ignore my questions."
"I-I don't know the answers," I admitted, knowing that he heard my shutter.
"They're simple questions," he told me.
I frowned not understanding why he was so persistent about me answering his questions.
"I-I-."
He chuckled, "don't worry, I'm only jokin'."
I swallowed, feeling my cheeks start to burn. God, why was I letting this creature embarrass me? Wait, why was I still in his grip when he was now awake?
"Um, can you let me go?" I asked, finally looking at him.
He frowned, "Don't you like my arms around you?"
I opened my mouth, stunned by his question. Tell him no! I yelled at myself. But I couldn't. I had never felt so secure and protected.
"Ahh –."
"Wow, you really can't answer questions can you?" he chuckle, making my cheeks burn more.
Seeing how embarrassed and uncomfortable I was, he let go and rolled onto his back. Finally free, I scrambled to my feet. His eyes, automatically flicked up and down, staring down at my legs. I groaned and fixed up the coat so that it covered at least half my thighs and crossed my arms over my unsupported chest.
"You don't need to worry, Little Witch," he did not reassure me, "I've seen a woman's body before."
"But you haven't seen mine," I said strongly, biting my lip.
At my words, his eyes flicked up and down again, as if he was trying to see through the coat.
"Please, stop," I begged, "I don't need this right now."
He frowned, "Then what do you need?"
"I need to go home, to Paris," I told him.
"You can't leave!" he yelled, bolting to his feet causing me to scramble back, away from him, "Not when I just found you."
I knew it. He was going to use me for my magic.
"Look, I can't control my magic. I'll be no use to you," I told him, something I had tried to tell Harrison.
He frowned again, "What?"
"My magic," I stated, "That's what you want me for. You want to use my magic."
"Why would I do that?" he asked.
Now it was my turn to frown, "then what do you want me for?"
"You don't know?" he asked, surprised.
"Know, what?"
His shoulders dropped and so did slightly his mouth. His eyes lowered and he almost looked disappointed.
I was just about to ask again, when he returned to the cave from wherever his mind went and just said, "Look, I can't take you anywhere but my home right now."
I frowned, looking around at the cave, "You don't live here?"
He scoffed, almost hurt, "I'm a werewolf but I have standards."
I shrugged. I guess he could.
"Anyway, we'll go there and we can sort your life out."
I frowned and took a step forward, "we? Why should I go anywhere with you?"
"Because, you have nowhere else to go," my mouth dropped at how blunt he put it. Like I should have known already that I had no place to run too. I supposed I should have.
"I'll step outside so you can get dressed," he told me before he made his way up the tunnel.
It took me a couple of minutes to realize what was happening. Graham was telling me to get dressed so that he could take me to his house, which I had no idea where that was, where we would 'sort' myself out. What the hell? Why couldn't he just take me home?
Knowing that I couldn't do anything until I got dressed, I unzipped the jacket, trying to avoid using my still sore hand. Struggling to get dress, I pulled on my mud covered jeans, the singlet that use to be white but was now a shade of brown and my knitted jumper that still slightly wet.
Not knowing if he wanted the coat back, I picked it up and headed up the tunnel. I was greeted by the pouring rain and Graham just standing under the cover of the cave.
"Here," I said, nudging him with the coat.
He turned and frowned before snatching the coat back.
"Are you crazy?" He yelled over the rain.
Before I knew it, he was wrapping the coat around my shoulders. I frowned but put my arms through, wincing when I accidentally moved my right hand before he zipped it up.
"You'll die if you're not wearin' that," he told me.
I frowned looking out to the rain and the rivers that it created in the gullies.
"Wait, you still want to go out in there! Are you crazy?" I yelled.
He shrugged, "I've got to get home!"
"But, it's -."
"You not afraid of a little water, are you?" He asked, making me go quiet again.
"But, it's not a little water!" I yelled in my defence, "we'll drown!"
He scoffed, "have a little faith, Little Witch. I'm fast."
"I'll believe it when I see it."
I couldn't help but be surprised. Was I talking smack?
"Well, you have two options, Little Witch," he started, "whether I carry you and we run. Or I shift and you ride on my back."
My mouth dropped at his suggestion. Both had me riding him. I knew that if he was in his wolf form we would get wherever he wanted to go faster but I knew that in his wolf form he was naked. And I don't think I could bring myself to do that.
"The f-first one," I told him making him frown.
"Really?" He asked clearly expecting that I would choose the second option.
I nodded.
"Okay," he muttered, kneeling down.
I frowned, "what are you doing?"
"You have to be on my back," he told me.
I instantly shook my head.
"Come on, Little Witch. It'll be faster this way."
I groaned knowing that he was right. Giving in, I wrapped my arms around his neck before he stood and locked my legs around his waist.
Without any warning, he bolted into the trees. The water fell hard on my body getting in my eyes and drenching my hair. The wind felt like a razor blade, cutting my face causing me to bury it against Graham's neck. His speed slightly slowed but I didn't notice. My body was juggling as I was a ball bouncing on cement. Soon it caused my stomach to stir.
"Graham," I groaned swallowing the vomit, "stop."
His pace slowed and before he could stop me, I jumped out of his grip and scrambled to the first tree I saw. The acid that was supposed to stay in my stomach burned my throat as it looked for another exit.
"Come on, we have to keep movin'!" Graham yelled over the roar of the wind and pounding rain. I shook my head and moved closer to the tree as if it would protect me from him taking me anywhere.
"Do you honestly want to stay out here?"
I honestly didn't want to go or stay anywhere. I didn't want to stay here, I didn't want to go with him. I just wanted it all to stop.
Just as the world started to spin, I felt the earth float away to nothing. My body began to juggle again but it wasn't enough to unsettle my stomach. The rain fell on my cheeks and the only way to stop it was to nuzzle my face against Graham's shirt. We had become so drenched that I didn't even notice the cold. Everything just became numb.
"Keep your eyes opened," the voice told me.
I moaned a no and shook my head.
"I don't want to," I groaned like a child.
"You keep your eyes open," the voice ordered now, throwing my body up a little, shaking me awake, "Keep your eyes open, Bleu!"
I blinked serval times before I groaned, "But I want to sleep."
"Bleu, you keep your damn eyes open, do you hear me?" He said almost growling, "We're almost there."
I nodded and forced my eyes to say opened.