Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Graham
I lied on the lounge, trying to sleep off last night. I didn't know why, but I just couldn't sleep. My wolf had been restless for some reason which only left me to wonder why. I didn't often feel my wolf in my human form. Only when I was fighting with my siblings. I could name one specifically but it was mostly all of them. To be fair, it was probably my fault. Not that I would ever admit it.
But I virtually got no sleep last night. I knew it wouldn't be long till at least someone came in but I would enjoy the peace before they did.
Just as that thought left my head, the door opened and Liv and Callum came through.
"I swear I left it here somewhere," Callum muttered to himself as I heard their footsteps on the carpet.
"Callum, I keep telling you to be more organised," she reminded him.
"I know," he signed, "but that's still doin' paper work."
"Shhh," I hushed them before they got onto the topic about how Callum hated doing paper work, "Graham's sleepin'."
"Graham, if you're that tired, go sleep in your room," my brother told me making his new wife giggle.
"Why are you sleeping?" Liv asked, concerned unlike my brother. It wasn't new.
I groaned sitting up, deciding to lie, "I was with this one lass and she would not stop. I had to shag her all night long before either of us could fall asleep."
"And you just couldn't say, sorry, I've had enough?" She asked.
"Oh Little Liv," I sighed, "You know I don't work like that."
She giggled, shaking her head at me. Liv was cute. She had these blonde curls that's bounced off her shoulders every time her head moved and her size was small, fitting the cute category. Her skin was pale which was strange as she was originally from New York in America before she finally moved over here to be with my brother. Soon followed by Amy her sister. But that story was too confusing for only a couple hours of sleep.
"You sure you're okay?" Callum asked picking up on something I'm sure he was only guessing at.
So I just nodded and continued with my lie, "it's okay, Cal. I'll be fine for my date tonight."
He rolled his eyes and shook his head disappointed by my actions. See, single life was non-existent to him. I doubt he could even remember the last time he woke up next to a woman that wasn't Liv.
"Maybe you should call it off, Gra," he told me, "you don't look too good."
I frowned, not believing him. I always looked good. It was part of my Patterson charm.
"Aye, I'll be fine," I said, suspicious at what he was suggesting, "besides, this lass is beautiful."
"Wait, are you saying that you actually know her name," Liv gasped making Callum chuckle, "shocking."
My eyes narrowed at her, "you're lucky that you're cute Liv."
She giggled as Callum nudged her arm, "Come on Liv or we'll be late for that meetin'."
"Comin' husband," she giggled following him.
He groaned, "Oh, that makes me sound so old."
"You are old honey," she told him.
Their argument continued till the library door closed.
I sighed, sinking back down into the lounge and closed my eyes. Okay, time for sleep.
Just as I was about to fall asleep, the other three came in.
"I can't believe you're still seein' him," Archie growled as he was followed in by Allie and Amy.
"Archie, Callum said that it was okay to keep seein' him," our sister reminded him as he and Amy took a seat in the lounge and Allie in the arm chair.
"Does anyone care that I'm sleepin' here?" I asked winning a scowl from my sister and Archie's eye roll.
"Doesn't change the fact that he's still a vampire," Archie snapped.
I rolled my eyes at him, realizing that they were talking about Allie's new vampire booty call. To be fair, I didn't like the idea either. In fact I hated it. But it wasn't even the fact that he was a vampire that got under Archie's skin, it was the fact that there was a time where his mate preferred the vamp over him.
See, the story goes, back before my brother's very human mate knew what we were, the four of us all went out partying one night. Hating Archie's guts at the time, Amy went after the vamp by the name of Justin. When Justin went to feed on her, Archie jumped him, Amy tried to get Archie off Justin and long story short Amy ended up with a concussion.
Now here we are, our sister was now shagging the same lad that was going to feed on Archie's mate.
"Graham, please tell me you're on my side," my brother begged me.
I put on my fakest smile and tilted my head, "oh Archie if only I could. But I didn't get much sleep last night and I can't brin' myself to be nice."
"Seriously," he snapped, "the one time we would actually be on each other's sides, you're backin' away?"
I shrugged, "I wouldn't take it personally."
He scoffed, not taking my advice. However, Amy did giggle.
"What are you even doin' in here?" Allie asked, frowning.
I scoffed, "why can't a man just sleep in his library?"
"Because your not a man," Archie mattered under his breath making my eyes narrow at him.
I kept myself calm, trying to shut his words out of my head.
Just say somethin' that you would normally say, I told myself.
"Well, I was here first so you three can leave when you want to," I snapped flopping back on the lounge as my siblings scoffed.
"All right Almighty," Allie scoffed.
All I could do was show my crooked grin, knowing that they could see it.
"Come on, Princess," Archie sighed, standing, "if you don't want to be late for our reservation."
"Oh right," Amy said standing.
"Where are you goin'?" Allie asked.
"We're going into the village to have lunch," Amy told her.
"Okay, have fun."
I closed my eyes again listening as Archie and Amy left the room. Tension-filled silence came over us which I ignored though I could feel my head burning from Allie's stare.
I groaned, giving up.
"What, Allie, what?" I snapped, watching as she turned her gaze away pretending like she didn't want to kill me with my eyes, "I didn't stand up for Archie even though I think the idea of you even touchin' a vamp is disgustin'. Is that what you want? Do you want me to kill every lad you're screwin' these days?"
"Like it has stopped you before," she snapped finally looking at me.
I narrowed my eyes at her not letting her words affect me in any way. I knew her words were true. There was a time where I would do anything to ruin any relationship my sister had. But for once in my life I didn't feel like doing that anymore.
Changing the subject, I asked, "Is that your problem? Are you still pissed about all those lads that I've threaten - which weren't good for you by the way?"
"I'm pissed because once again, you screwed some poor lass and you don't give a damn about her."
I shook my head, not wanting to hear this, "you don't know what you're talkin' about."
I stood in aim for the door.
"Damn right I do," she growled following, "Callum told me that you were with a lass last night and you're goin' out again to see another one. I can't keep watchin' you do this."
"Then stop watchin'," I told her, not looking at her as I paced to the stairs searching for an escape.
The one time when I wasn't being my filthy self is the morning I get the lecture.
"So I'm just supposed to let you screw up every relationship I ever had while you go screw two -."
"Allie," I snapped, a warning that made her eyes narrow, "you don't know what you're talkin' about."
I was just at my room when I spied Malcolm standing outside of his, his concern stare annoying me just as much as Allie's lecture.
"Don't even start, Malcolm," I warned him, opening the door of my room.