Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Graham
By the time we got back to the house, half the pack was there. The injured was being carried in and the dead was being brought around the back.
I led Bleu through the corridors, trying to shield her eyes from the sight but it didn't work. She was pushing my hand away, seeing what I was trying to hide. Swallowing, she regretted the decision and hid her head in my chest.
We made our way up the stairs and to my room. I locked the door behind me, not wanting to be disturbed. Squeezing her hands tight, I led her to the chest-of-draws.
Bleu was filthy. We both were. Covered in mud, blood and dirt. Her shoulder was still torn and my wrist ached from Laire's teeth. My hair had sticks and twigs all through it and Bleu's long strands had dried mud covering them.
Opening up my top draw, I snatched some jeans out before I pulled them on. Not bothering to do them up, I started to unbutton her shirt.
Her blood had dried making her shirt stick to her shoulder. She moaned as I pealed it off, revealing a half dried wolf bite.
Hovering her hand over the bite, she tried to get it to work. She groaned, frustrated before I stopped her. She was too exhausted.
Taking her hand, I led her through to the bathroom. Searching through the bathroom cabinet, I found a patch.
"Looks like we're doin' this the old fashion way," I told her, making a sad tired giggle escape her lips.
With one hand. I unclipped her bra and watched it fall to the floor before I applied the patch.
She hissed when I accendently pressed hard.
"Sorry," I said, trying to be more gentle.
Once it was over her shoulder, I led her back to the chest-of-draws and fished out one of my shirts. I helped her with her arms before she pulled her head through.
"What are we doing now?" She mumbled as I pulled down her jeans.
"I'm goin' to get you dressed and put you to bed before goin' down stairs and helpin'."
"I want to come," she said, stronger.
"No, Bleu," I said remembering that she couldn't even get her magic to work, "your exhausted."
"Those people down stairs are hurt because of me. I'm helping."
Once she had some of my sweat pants on her and before I could stop her, she was out the door.
"Wait, Bleu," I called after her, "just slow down."
"No, because then you'll catch me and drag me back to bed."
I couldn't pretend that it wasn't on my mind.
"I don't want you to collapse either," I admitted, catching up to her and taking her hand.
We both halted at the end of the stairs, amazed how quickly the void had turned into a hospital.
Spying Callum, I took Bleu and pulled her over to him.
"Callum, how can we help?" I asked.
He stopped what he was doing and looked up. Shaking whatever was in his head, he said, "Bhaltair."
My eyes landed on Bhaltair, who sat on a fold out bed, clutching his bleeding arm.
"Bleu, can you find some bandages?" I asked walking over to him.
She nodded, disappearing to find some.
"Hey, Bhaltair," I started with, putting pressure on his arm, "how'd you do this."
"Two witches got me," he hissed, "if it wasn't for your lass, I'd probably be dead right now."
I smiled, proud of my Little Witch. My heart flattered at the idea of my pack accepting my witch.
Just as I thought that, I frowned. I never thought that was important to me. I never thought any of this was important. But here I was, helping my pack.
Bleu returned with a hand full of bandages and placed them on the makeshift bed beside Bhaltair. Taking one, I wrapped it around Bhaltair's arm. It was well enough to stop the bleeding until his healing kicked in.
"Liv, hello, Liv. Can you hear me?" I turned around and spied Callum on the phone, "aye we're all fine. Archie and Allie are comin' back from the boundary and - what?" He paused looking around, "aye, I see him...what? We'll be there in a minute."
I frowned taking a step closer to him as Malcolm came pacing from his position.
"What is it? Is Tarna okay?" Malcolm asked in a hurry, fear filling his eyes.
With a growing smile, Callum said, "you'll never guess what's happened."

"Tarna! Tarna!" Malcolm yelled, jumping out of the Jeep before it even stopped.
"Calm down, Malcolm," Callum chuckled, pulling up in front of the large white house before turning off the engine.
Bleu and I followed him, meeting up in front of the Jeep to hold each other.
"Nervous?" Bleu asked with a grin.
I gave an anxious nod making her giggle. I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach. But who could blame me. I was an uncle.
Leading Bleu up the hall and turning to the left, we found Liv wrapped in Callum's arms, Amy next to them, Malcolm kneeling in front of Tarna who was on the floor and the little baby in her arms.
"I love you so much," Malcolm declared, taking her lips in his.
A gesture that would have made my stomach turn but instead brought tears to my eyes as I wrapped an arm around Bleu's shoulders.
Brushing back the sweaty hair from Tarna's face, he looked at her with love-filled eyes before his eyes found their was to the little thing wrapped in a bath towel.
"It's a girl," she told him, sniffing.
Malcolm opened his mouth to speak but stopped. A few tears dropped before he wiped them away with the back of his wrist.
Tarna frowned, almost upset, "oh Malcolm, I didn't think havin' a boy meant that much to you."
"It doesn't," he sniffed, wiping away more tears, "I've got you and our Little Wolf Cub, both healthy and happy. Nothin' else matters."
She smiled at him before she learnt over as far as she could to peck his lips.
I heard a little sniff before I looked down and saw the tears streaming down my own mate's checks.
"Oh Bleu," I chuckled.
"I'm okay," she reassured me as I hugged her tight, "she's just so beautiful."
We all chuckled a little, trying to be quiet.
"Do you want a hold?" Tarna asked Malcolm, gesturing to the baby.
The look on his face was something I couldn't describe. It was like Christmas, birthdays, weddings all mixed into one big light in my brother's eyes. The Lonely Brother was no longer lonely.
"Careful of the cord," Liv said just as Tarna carefully placed the Little Wolf Cub into his hands.
"How are you feelin'?" Callum asked her, making me remember about Tarna.
"Tired," she breathed, looking it.
"I'm sorry I wasn't here for you," Malcolm told her.
"It's okay," she said looking up to Liv and Amy, "I had my helpers."
Malcolm looked up to the girls and smiled, a form of a thank you I guess.
"What are you going to call her? Not saying that Wolf Cub isn't the perfect name for a little girl," Amy asked, looking as if that was all she wanted to know.
Gazing over her little lass, Tarna said, "I want to call her Bonnie."
Malcolm's head shot up, stunned at what she said. I was too. That was the last thing I thought she would want to call her baby.
"She's just a big part of your past, Malcolm," Tarna explained, "and I thought we should honour that by givin' her a fresh start."
A smile spread cross Malcolm's lips as he looked down at the baby, trying to process what she had just said.
"I know why your doin' this and I love you so much more because of it," Malcolm started, "but I want to look at her and see the future, not the past. Aye, we need a fresh start but I don't think Bonnie does."
Tarna nodded, understanding.
"So," Malcolm continued, "I was thinkin' Bee."
"Bee?" Tarna repeated, frowning.
"Aye, it's not too weird is it?" He asked.
Peering over Malcolm's arms and looking at the little girl, Tarna smiled, "no, it's perfect."
"Aw," Amy cooed, "that's so cute. We can call her Bumble Bee and everything."
We chuckled at her, Liv hugging her close.
"Hello Bee," Malcolm started, rocking Bee a little, "this is your family, well, most of it anyway. And they will protect you. And just remember, you have three uncles that will help me kill any boy that tries to hurt you, okay," I chuckled, trying to shake the image out of my head, "okay, from now on, there's only one man that's good enough for you and that's me, okay?"
"Don't listen to him Bee," Amy said, "I'll let you sneak out to the clubs."
"Okay, note to self," I started, "Amy's not the best baby sitter."
"Hey," Amy said offended, "I helped brought her into the world, I'm going to baby sit."
"I'm pretty sure, I helped bring her into the world and you just sat in the corner screaming," Liv said, breaking her comeback.
"Yeah, helping," Amy said, making us chuckle.
"Callum!"
We all jumped at the sound of Archie's  voice before he appeared in the doorway. I was still in baby mood that I didn't notice the distress look of his face or the fact that Allie wasn't with him.
Amy ran into his arms and he hugged her, clutching the back of her head and smelling her rich brown hair.
"Hey, Archie, look," Malcolm said gesturing to Bee, "I'm a Pa."
Archie muttered a that's great before turning to Callum.
He frowned, picking up on something that I only just was.
"Archie," Callum said, worried, "where's Allie?"
His breathing grew heavy before he swallowed, trying to get under control.
"We were comin' back from the boundary and..." He paused, "they just came out of nowhere, five, six, I don't know."
"Was it Harrison's pack," I asked, annoyed that they thought they had won even without an alpha.
"No," Archie said looking up to Callum, "it was Davy Acheson leadin' the attack."
"What?" Malcolm snapped as Callum groaned in frustration.
"Who's Davy Acheson?" Amy asked, looking up to Archie.
"He's Hector Macangus' Beta," Liv said.
"And also the wolf that helped Macangus torture me, twice," Tarna spat.
I shook my head, not believing it.
"No," I snapped.
"Graham," Bleu said, sensing my anger.
"Graham, I saw him. It was definitely the Macangus'."
"No. Allie's stronger than them. She would have..." I trailed off, finding it hard to breathe.
My sister couldn't have been kidnapped, it just couldn't have happened.
"Graham -," just as I felt Callum's hand touch my shoulder, I through him off and stormed out of the house.
"Allie!" I shouted, hoping the wind would take my voice to her, "Allie!"
"Graham!"
I turned and spied Bleu running towards me.
"She couldn't have been takin' Bleu," I blurted out before I could stop myself, "she couldn't have. She would rip apart anyone that did."
"Graham just -."
"They can't have," I repeated taking a step back so that she didn't touch me, "if they have Allie, it means they've won. It means, they'll kill her the first chance they get."
"We won't let that happen," Bleu croaked, tears falling down her cheeks, "we'll find her, I promise."
"It wasn't supposed to happen like this, Bleu," I said, finally calming down, trying to get rid of the rock in the pit of my stomach, "she was supposed to be here, Bleu."
"I know, Gra," she whispered.
"She was supposed to be here, see her niece like the rest of us."
"I know," she said again, taking a step forward.
"Why isn't she here, Bleu? Why does Hector bloody Macangus have to always ruin everythin'?" I growled, allowing her to wrap her arms around me.
"I don't know, Graham. I don't know."

INTRODUCING BEE PATTERSON