Chapter Ten

Phil walks into the kitchen to grab something to drink. He walks over to the counter and realizes Dan left his textbook. He picks it up and decides to walk over and give it to him.

Phil slips on his black converse and unlocks the side door. He opens the door to let the cool air blow into his face. He steps out of the door and walks along the pavement with the book cradled in his arms.

Phil is about to walk up the driveway when a car pulls up. He sees two people in the car. They park and unlock the car. A tall brown haired woman comes out of the car, along with a tall black haired man in a suit. He grabs her by her waist and throws her against the car, intensely making out with her. They stumble to the door and unlock it. They open the door and continue what they were doing up the stairs.

Oh my god, was that Dan's mom?

Phil wonders.

Phil walks up to the already open door and walks in slowly. He slowly closes the door and walks through the kitchen, into the living room. Phil looks up from his feet and drops the textbook in his hands to cover his mouth.

Phil starts to cry.

He runs over to Dan, a crimson trail leading from his head to the puddle Phil was standing in.

Phil crouched down to Dan and tried to wake him. When he failed, he ran out of the house, and back to his own place. He drove his car over to Dan's and opened the backseat door.

Phil ran inside and picked up Dan, bridal style and carried him out of the door. He carefully placed Dan laying down in the backseat and closed the door.

Phil hurriedly sat in his seat and pulled out of the driveway, heading to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phil tapped his fingers on the armrest.

The anticipation of a waiting room sucks.

It's all about life or death

Broken promises

Hope

Sadness

And this ongoing feel of uncomfortableness lingered throughout the room. None of them knew if who they loved was ok, if the baby was coming, or if the surgery is moving smoothly.

Everyone is staring

Everyone is nervous

No one knows how to cope

Then a nurse comes out.

"Phil Lester?" Asks a nurse staring at a clipboard.

Phil stood up from his seat awkwardly, making eye contact with the nurse, hope in his eyes.

"Dan is ok"

The weight came off of his shoulders completely.

"Can I see him?" Phil asks with a worried tone lingering in his voice.

"Not now, the anesthesia is still wearing off, but you can go into his room" she stepped over letting the entryway of the room to open.

Phil nodded to the nurse as he walked into the room.

He walked over to Dan and looked at him for a second before sitting down in the chair next to him. He took his hand and laced their fingers together.

"I love you Dan Howell, no one can ever say anything different. You are an amazing person. Don't listen to the haters, just be you. Not everyone will like you, Dan, but I love you. No one will ever be like you. You are my best friend, my boyfriend. I love you and hope you never forget it"