Chapter Three

Phil has spilt the popcorn three times since the movie started.

Dan's black skinny jeans are now stained with butter and he has popcorn stuck in his hair.

Phil holds the popcorn bucket like a stuffed animal, close to him, his face close to the edge.

"Phil," Dan whispers "do you need a minute?"

Phil looks up at Dan with a frightened expression.

"I've needed one since the movie started" Phil responds

Phil stands up and looks back at Dan, signaling for him to follow.

He stands up, popcorn falling onto the floor. They scoot around their friends and walk down the stairs and out the door to the lobby.

"That's scarier than I thought." Phil says innocently while looking down at his shoes.

"While we're out here, let's get a re-fill on the popcorn" Dan says "because the rest of it is either attached to me and Joe, or on the floor"

"Sorry....." Phil responds, blushing

"It's ok..... I'll enjoy trying to get the butter out of my jeans" Dan laughs as they walk over to the line.

They laugh together, it ends with an awkward silence.

"Hey Dan" Phil says breaking the silence.

"Yeah?" Dan replies, looking into Phil's eyes

"Y-you've got popcorn in your hair" Phil responds, pulling the piece of popcorn out of Dan's hair.

"First the jeans, now my hair?" Dan replies in a shocked voice, laughing after.

"You'll be ok, as long as people don't look down" Phil responds with a laugh.

Dan playfully punches Phil's arm.

"Ow!" Phil exclaims

"Oh come on, you're not a baby are you?" Dan teases

"Shutup Dan....." Phil jokes while laughing.

The line shortens and they walk up to the counter to get a re-fill. They grab the bucket and walk back into the theatre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the movie, the group walks outside to their cars.

"I would've enjoyed the movie if Phil didn't project popcorn onto me every five seconds" Joe complains.

"I know right, he got scared of someone blinking" Dan teases

"Hey!" Phil protests "I wasn't that scared!"

"Then why are Dan and I pulling popcorn out of our hair?" Joe asks

"Told you the movie was scary, Phil" Alfie says

"Ok? So? I survived didn't I?" Phil replies

"Barely...." Louise sing-songs while walking past Phil.

Phil playfully slaps Louise on the shoulder. She laughs as she turns around.

"What was that for?" Asks Louise while laughing.

"Being mean...." Phil says while crossing his arms and looking down.

"Don't pout Phil," Zoë chimes in "I wasn't even close to sitting next to you and I have popcorn in my hair" Zoë pulled out a piece of popcorn from her hair.