Chapter Eight

*Warning: triggering content*

Why are you like this?

No one likes you

Kill yourself

No one would care

What about Phil?

He'd get over it

No one really cares about me

No one would notice I'm gone

I don't make a difference in the world

No one cares

No one will ever care

Your mother doesn't even care

She would've gotten rid of dad years ago if she cared

She doesn't even acknowledge your existence

Your father hates you

Listen to him

You're useless

No one cares

Just leave forever

Everyone will forget about you

You never made a difference

You never fit in

You never had anyone care for you

Dan's voices came back as he walked up the stairs to his bedroom. He slowly opens the door and looks toward his bedside table. He walks over and opens the drawer and pulls out the knife. Then he gets a text and looks down at his phone.

Unknown Number: Go ahead, do it

Dan looks around, and out his window to make sure no one was watching. No one was there. Who could this person be that's making Dan's life ten times worse than it already is?

Dan has tears rolling down his cheeks as he holds his phone, staring at the screen. He throws his phone onto his bed.

He starts to pace, his hands clenched onto his hair.

He stops pacing and stares at his bed. He throws the knife onto the ground and starts to tear his room apart.

He flips his mattress in rage. He knocks over the bedside table. He throws everything off of his desk.

Dan walks over to where the knife landed and picks it up with fury. He grabs his sleeve and rips it up his arm. He looks down at the existing scars, tears burning his eyes. He adjusts his grip on the knife, holding it harder.

Dan clenches his fist as her creates new wound on top of the old ones that have barely healed.

Gay

Bitch

Useless

No one cares

Kill yourself

No one likes you

People tolerate you

No one can love you

No one loves you

No one cares

These thoughts go through his head as he adds cut after cut, scar after scar. The knife continuously tears through his skin.

Dan finished when he finally reaches the top of his arm. He's still crying and looks at the damage done. He instantly regrets it and slides his back down the wall, curling into a ball onto the floor and sobs. He cries himself to sleep.