Chapter Nine

The final bell of the day rang. Phil closed his history text book and dropped it into his bookbag. He zipped I up and slung it across his shoulder.

Phil reached into the right pocket of his skinny jeans and pulled out his keys. He made his way towards the parking lot and unlocked his car. He opened the door and sat in the driver's seat, waiting for Dan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan walks out of English class with his head down, hands in pockets, and vision on the floor He scuffs his feet on the dirty, grey floor. He's walking relatively slow and doesn't notice the girl in front of him.

Dan runs into her and knocks her books over.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry" Dan says to her while helping her pick up her things.

"Oh, it's no problem" The girl responds crouching down next to Dan, picking up the books. They stand up and Dan hands her the rest of them.

"A-A-Are you n-n-new?" Dan stutters

"Yeah, this is my first day and I have no friends" she laughs "I'm Cat"

"I'm Dan" he responds with a smirk. "I have to go, my friend is waiting for me, I'll see you tomorrow though" Dan responds while walking off to Phil's car.

"Bye Dan!" Cat calls back. She walks out of the gates and walks home.

Dan walks up to Phil's car and opens the door. He places his bag on the floor and gets in, shutting the door and putting on his seatbelt. Silence fills the car.

"Are we gonna talk about this here, or your place?" Dan asks breaking the silence

"How about at my place, like I said, no one's home" Phil responds.

Dan mouths the words ok and starts tapping his fingers on his legs. The car ride is very silent, no music playing or anything.

Even thought Phil's house is close, the ride seems to last forever. The silence is eating Dan alive. They finally pull into Phil's driveway.

Phil turns the car off and unlocks the doors. They both get out of the car and Phil locks it back. Dan goes to the side door waits there. Phil walks up and unlocks it. They both walk inside and place their bags on the floor. Dan walks through the kitchen, into the living room, and sits on the couch.

Finally breaking the silence Dan calls Phil over nervously.

"Uh, hey....... Phil?"

"Yeah?" Responds Phil, walking over to the couch with two mugs and hands one to Dan. "Hot chocolate for you, coffee for me"

"I need to talk to you about something important Phil" responds Dan while placing his mug on the coffee table.

"You're straight aren't you?" Asks Phil with hurt in his tone. He places his mug right next to Dan's

"No, why would I?"

"I dunno, I was scared"

"Well I did want to talk about sexuality" Dan responds nervously "I'm gay Phil"

"And I'm Bi" responds Phil.

Their eyes meet each other once more. They stare into each other's eyes. Dan has had enough and finally grabs the back of Phil's neck and pulls him close. Phil wraps his arms around Dan's waist and pulls him closer. Dan opens his mouth slightly, letting Phil's tongue adventure through his mouth.