Chapter 16: The Flashback Attack

"Oh, cheese balls?" Wyatt repeated with a cocked eyebrow.

I nodded slowly, my voice only a squeak. "Yeah. Oh, cheese balls."

All five of us were frozen in place. Here I am, someone who literally barge into the Big Four's home or something. They all must be so mad at me. That I had the guts to stumble in here after what I have done.

I wouldn't be surprised when they'll kick me out of this place, or even drug me to bot remember any of this. But not before they'd torture me like spies who are held captive in the movies.

What were they waiting for? Grab me by the collar and toss me-

"Autumn!" Luis exclaimed.

I heard wet footsteps bounding towards me, I only had time to turn to see him coming at me with arms out opened. I felt like a deer in headlights. Will this be the end? Will he pin me down and-

I yelped when he collided to me, pulling me into a huge bear hug. I gasped, I wasn't expecting this. even f it was Luis, I would have expected a look of disgust.

"Oh, Autumn!" Luis cried. "I've missed you so much! We've all miss you so much!"

I was able to have a gasp of air to reply. "Y-you have?"

"Of course we have!" Dean cried, dropping all of his snack on the floor and giving me a hug too. But Luis pushed him away to have him all for myself.

"It's so lonely without you!" Dean continued, giving the finger to Luis. "Nothing's fun anymore when we stopped hanging out!"

I didn't know what to say. "I-I."

Then I just cried. I didn't know why. Just a couple of seconds ago I was so scared that I wanted to wet myself, and now streams of tears were running down my face. Luis automatically let go, and backed off.

Cyrus punched his shoulder, hard. "What the hell did you do to her?"

"Nothing! I swear, I didn't do anything!" Luis said, raising his hands up in defense.

"Well you did something!" Wyatt growled. "She's crying buckets!"

"No!" I exclaimed, having all four of them turn to me. I did my best to wipe my tears, but was still sniffling. "Their tears of joy. Don't worry. It's just, I missed you guys so much!"

"See!" Luis exclaimed.

"I'm really sorry," I said, wiping my face with my jacket sleeve. "I was stupid and a crybaby. I didn't have the right to freak out like-"

"Shut up."

I blinked. "What?"

Wyatt narrowed his eyes at me. "Shut up."

He was still angry. I should have known. I should just leave, just leave them alone.

"I-I'm sorry, I'll just go-"

Wyatt rolled his eyes. "I don't mean it like that! I mean- we're the ones who's sorry." Wyatt said, struggling hard to admitting it. 

Cyrus elbowed him, and gave him a look to continue.

Wyatt sighed. "What I mean to say is that, we-" Dean threw a bag of chips at his chest- "I mean shouldn't have been so angry at you. You are, after all a girl, a good girl. And you had every right to freak out when seeing a gun and those... drugs."

Although the words were touching, all I did was stare at him blankly.

"You rehearsed that, didn't you."

Wyatt was taken aback, and glared at the guys. "See! I told you guys she'll see right through it!"

Cyrus pinched the bridge of his nose. "Wyatt's ego has always been very... big."

"Not only thing that's big," Wyatt muttered with a smirk forming. "If you know what I-" Dean threw a bag of chips right at Wyatt's face this time.

Cyrus continued talking as Wyatt and Dean wrestled to the ground. Snacks and drinks flew in all directions and were used as weapons. Luis was no help and just cheered on the one who was getting the upper hand.